+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ellen DeGeneres, Judge

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Ellen DeGeneres, Judge

I really hadn't noticed it before, but you know it's the first thing I'm going to look for tomorrow night.

For those of you who have noticed, do you also watch her show? Just wondering if she dresses the same way for those appearances.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3864635;
    I noticed it that too - it may be way out of left field, but I wondered if Ellen had thyroid surgery. It's pretty common and leaves significant scarring on the neck.
    The scarring isn't really all that significant. 5 years ago my scar was noticeable right after I had it done, but it has faded greatly over time. I never do anything to hide it - it's there for the world to see but people don't seem to notice it at all.

Do you think it's possible that Ellen isn't hiding anything, but just likes to wear scarves?

I wasn't meaning to start such an in-depth convo about Ellen's neck , but as long as we're disussing it - I went back and watched Ellen critiquing Crystal B. last week. Besides disagreeing that Crystal's not connecting with the audience, I still mainain that the bottom left (looking at her) quadrant of her neck has some irregularities... bulging veins? I don't know. Sorry Ellen! I think she's a good addition to the judging pannel.
    Count your blessings!

Well, I specifically got up way too close to the TV last night to check out her neck. LOL

Yes, she does seem to have some veins? in that quadrant of her neck. However, it didn't look as noticeable as I thought it might. And, it didn't look like surgery or aging to me. Just seems like that is how her neck looks.

I also noticed that they seemed to tone her makeup down a wee bit last night. Still, I think the makeup is not at all flattering. Considering that CG is using Ellen as their "spokesmodel" I think they should rethink that.
    I think Kara's makeup is much more flattering than Ellen's.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

H***y song! I mean lots of horns... LOL!

Ellen is starting to crack jokes more often now. I am liking it.

Katie is minor and I found it quite appalling to be honest.

The tequila analogy with Tim was kind of amusing, I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3877187;
    Katie is minor and I found it quite appalling to be honest.
    So am I and I still found it hilarious. What's offensive about that? It's a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3877211;
    So am I and I still found it hilarious. What's offensive about that? It's a word.
    It has connotations that an adult shouldn't be discussing with a minor therefore I won't discuss it with you as much as Ellen should not have said that to a minor.

FORT Fogey

Just an FYI - I don't think that the fact that Katie is a minor (under the age of majority, 18 in the US) is really relevant here, since we're not talking about her entering into a contract of any kind.

You are probably thinking of the legal age of consent (for sexual activity), which changes by locality. For example in Katie's Connecticut, the age of consent is 16. Other states are higher or lower. Often in states where the age of consent is 18, people confuse the two since from a practical standpoint, they are the same.

This is just to say that here in the US there is no uniform legal basis for outrage regarding Ellen's comment about the Ricky Minor's big brass section.

+ Reply to Thread