+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 1/12 AI9 Premiere Discussion **spoilers**

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Re: 1/12 AI9 Premiere Discussion **spoilers**

Did anyone else get the feeling that Kara was trying to be buddies with Simon like Paula used to be? Last season she wouldn't have dared to tell Simon to shut up like she did last night, but Paula was always able to do that.

I missed crazy Paula, I wasn't sure if I would or not, but I did.

FORT Fogey

Another Simon quote from last night:

Well, I would love to fly to the moon, but I can't. [Brief pause.] Actually, I could.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3795744;
    Did anyone else get the feeling that Kara was trying to be buddies with Simon like Paula used to be? Last season she wouldn't have dared to tell Simon to shut up like she did last night, but Paula was always able to do that.

I missed crazy Paula, I wasn't sure if I would or not, but I did.
    I missed her too. It seemed weird.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I like Tyler and Leah.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3794921;
    OK, here are the chosen few coming out of Boston:

Full Pimp Package
    • Maddy Curtis (Hallelujah) - Her package shows her four brothers at home with Downs Syndrome.
    • Katie Steves (At Last) - Her Portuguese grandma has Alzheimerís.
    • Justin Williams (Feeling Good) - He had cancer. Remember Kris Allen and Matt Giraud's "White Chocolate" group in Hollywood last year? Justin was in that group. This is his second year in a row in Hollywood. This time he has an angle.

Half Pimp
    • Amadeo Rocco (Hoochy Coochie Man) - Th big guy with the big voice has his whole family at the call back and they get an interview with Ryan.
    • Mike Davis (Yesterday) - Drives a speed boat in Boston Harbor. Not quite a pimp - they may have thrown in the boat footage just because it's a nice visual.
    • Bosa Mora - Nigerian parents and family tag along to his call-back.

Audition Only
    • Luke Shaffer and Benjamin Bright (the guitar guys)
    • Ashley Rodriguez (If I Ainít Got You) - Kara and Simon think she is this year's package artist.
    • Tyler Grady (Letís Get it On) - This year's chick magnet?
    • Joshua Blaylock (God Bless The Broken Road) - They've been showing him in the commercials.
    • Lea Laurenti (Blue Skies) Lovely jazz vocalist
    I checked in to report that I've been reading Justin Williams was in White Chocolate last year, and I find that you were on top of it Tuesday night! Great catch, TopCat!

I'll bet they had the cancer footage filmed last season, but since he didn't make it to the semi-finals, they saved it for this year. They're a little more in the dark this year since Hollywood Week is happening right now.

I don't miss Paula at all. I never pay attention to her cause she didn't give out good comments, and it's annoying... I didn't get her most of the time and actually rolling my eyes like how Simon tended to react when she said those nonsense words. I like Victoria... She seems very pleasant as a person, and she really is... posh.

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3796423;
    I don't miss Paula at all. I never pay attention to her cause she didn't give out good comments, and it's annoying... I didn't get her most of the time and actually rolling my eyes like how Simon tended to react when she said those nonsense words. I like Victoria... She seems very pleasant as a person, and she really is... posh.
    She also needs to eat a sandwich! She seems very nice, I have heard she is very nice, but she is so skinny!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Just got around to watching the show today...now I'm all about Tyler Grady. What with the '70's stylin' and then listening to him talk and laugh, my first thought was "Kelso!" Wow, the kid can sing. All the way to top 10, baby.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Victoria Beckham looked hideous the first day.

Well, hats off to the General. Neil Young has performed a cover version of "Pants on the Ground" and it's pretty fantastic:

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon - Video Blogs - Neil Young Sings "Pants On The Ground" - Jimmy Fallon's Video Blog | NBC Official Site

+ Reply to Thread