+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 1/12 AI9 Premiere Discussion **spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/12 AI9 Premiere Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3794913;
    Hubby and I both thought this guy gave off an "actor" vibe. As in intentionally obnoxious, not a great singer. Seemed like he and everyone else were smirking through the whole thing, like they were all in on it.
    Re: Andrew Fenlin - I think you both called it. Not sure if the judges were in on it (I don't think they're good enough actors to pull it off), but this guy was told to go in and tick everyone off.

Also, what was with Kara's "I'm going to remember you" to Justin Williams? She heard him all during Hollywood week last year! And of course he was a cancer survivor last season, but the producers never mentioned him. I wonder if they knew about it, but decided not to use his story last year - or if Justin didn't mention before, but decided to play the sympathy card this year? Anyway he has video on you tube covering Archuleta's Crush (search for "Justin Williams CRUSH Cover").

Did anybody miss Paula? I didn't. Got wrapped up in the good and bad contestants, just like every year.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 01-13-2010 at 09:10 AM.

It never ceases to amaze me, the number of contestants who go into this audition thinking "they're the bomb!" and are actually worse than drunk kareoke bar singers!
    Then they give the "duh" "huh" you mean I am a bad singer...well gee judges you got it all wrong attitude..

Ohh the guilty pleasures of AI

I enjoyed the show. Some of it dragged, but on the whole was pretty entertaining. Didn't miss Paula.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Finally my show is BACK!!! I would much rather Paula over Kara, but I digress and go hide so I don't get stoned

Anyway, I liked a few

Katie Steves, Justin Williams (VERY easy on the eyes),Tyler Grady, Lea Laurenti, and Ashley Rodriguez

I can honestly say that I will not be watching next season if Simon doesn't return. I can't stand Randy (he brings nothing to the mix) and Kara ugh.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

I also didn't even think about it until you mentioned it here....but I too did not even notice the lack of Paula. Great shots of Boston. If I was going to travel on vacation, I would have said to myself, Boston is beautiful...let's go there this vacation

I missed Paula not being there. Just seemed strange to not have her there.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

New here... long time lurker. Just wanted to add my two cents about next year's show. With Simon leaving, the show ill no doubt take a hit. The only person I can think of to replace Simon who would still have the Simon'esse is Piers Morgan. Thoughts?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3794649;
    Dreams of a season where we see all the auditions of the people who go to Hollywood, not the sob stories and train wrecks. Oh and 16 year olds. Let them wait a few years.
    I haven't watched the auditions for several years... If they'd promise to show ALL the hollywood invites with only a few crazies it would bring me back. So, for now, Biggest Loser every week with AI on the DVR. (and it'll continue if they do the girls night/boys night too - boring, all commercials!)

Saw bits and pieces of last night's show.
    I was glad to see Victoria Beckham saying something for a change, and not just pouting. And, so glad she's back to the dark hair. The blonde hair did nothing for her, IMO. She did come across very pleasant.
    It did seem, however, like both Victoria and Kara were trying to act like Paula last night in terms of the nice comments, etc.
    I did miss Paula last night.
    I was sorry to have missed the 16 yo, as they kept on talking about her voice in the promos. So, I guess I'll have to wait on her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3795218;
    I missed Paula not being there. Just seemed strange to not have her there.
    I agree angelic one!!!! Missed the back and forth between Paula and Simon. Also she was the one who spoke most about the vocals. Simon thinks who will be commercial and Randy's comments are pretty much you got it going on dawg. Cara is so serious and does not bring the same light hearted style Paula brought to the show. I did like Posh last night when she called Simon out on rolling his eyes

+ Reply to Thread