+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: AI9 Spoilers

AI9 Spoilers

Michael Castro is said to have made a return to Hollywood.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Re: AI9 Spoilers

This doesn't necessarily go into a spoilers theme, but I didn't know where else to put it. But, Fox is moving Idol to an hour later on the schedule this year. Seems like a strange thing to do, but there you go.

For those that want to know. From the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

Fox sets “Idol” dates for 2010 through March | American Idol

Fox sets “Idol” dates for 2010 through March
    7:46 pm December 22, 2009, by Rodney Ho
    I’m on vacation but I will include this press release verbatim from Fox. The 24-person semifinals are back, split men and women. It’s arguably a better system then last year’s but last year still ended up with a pretty good crew. I didn’t mind it as much as others.
    The fact “Idol” placed Atlanta second is a good sign for talent there (compared to two years ago.) I’m going to be on my honeymoon for the week of January 17 and will tell you loyalists that Deirdre will be subbing in for me that week. She has certainly earned it and I know she’ll do a great job covering the Chicago and Orlando auditions for me.
    The wait is almost over for the return of television’s No. 1 show! AMERICAN IDOL is set to return for its much-anticipated ninth season with a two-night premiere featuring extraordinary talent and outrageous new auditions from Boston Tuesday, Jan. 12 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Atlanta Wednesday, Jan. 13 (8:00-9:15 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
    After the two-night premiere, auditions will continue for three weeks starting with the Chicago auditions on Tuesday, Jan. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and continuing from Orlando on Wednesday, Jan. 20 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). Then, Dallas auditions will air Tuesday, Jan. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT); Los Angeles on Wednesday, Jan. 27 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT); Denver on Tuesday, Feb. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT); and “The Road to Hollywood” auditions on Wednesday, Feb. 3 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT)
    This season on AMERICAN IDOL, the good, the bad and the awful audition for their shot at stardom. In the audition cities, Ryan Seacrest hosts, and Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi will be joined by rotating guest judges Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Kristin Chenoweth, Neil Patrick Harris, Joe Jonas, Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry and Shania Twain who will help select the hopefuls worthy of the “Golden Ticket” to Hollywood.
    The lucky auditioners who get the judges’ approval then move on to the “Hollywood Round” where contestants vie for a semifinalist position during the next phase of the auditions. Once in Hollywood, Ellen joins Simon, Randy and Kara as they continue to winnow down the competitors to a select group of performers who will get to sing their hearts out each week in front of a studio audience and television viewers.
    The “Hollywood Round” episodes will air Tuesday, Feb. 9 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT); Wednesday, Feb. 10 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT); and Tuesday, Feb. 16 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). On Wednesday, Feb. 17 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), dreams come true for 24 contestants, as Simon, Randy, Kara and Ellen announce the Top 12 male and Top 12 female semifinalists.
    It will then be up to America to decide who moves forward in the competition. The first performance show featuring the Top 12 female semifinalists will air Tuesday, Feb. 23 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). The following night, Wednesday, Feb. 24 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), the Top 12 male semifinalists will perform. The results show revealing America’s first vote of the season will air Thursday, Feb. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), when the two male and two female contestants with the fewest votes will be sent home.
    For the next two weeks, the girls will perform on Tuesdays, the guys will perform on Wednesdays and the results shows will air on Thursdays. The Top 10 female semifinalists will perform on Tuesday, March 2 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), and the Top 10 male semifinalists will take the stage on Wednesday, March 3 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). On Thursday, March 4 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), four contestants – two girls and two guys – will be eliminated from the competition. The following week, the Top 8 female semifinalists will compete on Tuesday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT), and the Top 8 male semifinalists will perform on Wednesday, March 10 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). Then, on Thursday, March 11 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), the finalists will be revealed after four more contestants are eliminated.
    The competition heats up when the finalists take the stage LIVE and for the first time together on Tuesday, March 16 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed). One contestant’s journey will end when America’s vote is revealed Wednesday, March 17 (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed).
    RECAP (All times ET/PT)

Tuesday, Jan. 12 (8:00-10:00 PM) Season Premiere, Part 1
    Boston Auditions Episode

Wednesday, Jan. 13 (8:00-9:15 PM) Season Premiere, Part 2
    Atlanta Auditions Episode

Tuesday, Jan. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM) Chicago Auditions Episode

Wednesday, Jan. 20 (8:00-9:00 PM) Orlando Auditions Episode

Tuesday, Jan. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM) Dallas Auditions Episode

Wednesday, Jan. 27 (9:00-10:00 PM) Los Angeles Auditions Episode

Tuesday, Feb. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM) Denver Auditions Episode

Wednesday, Feb. 3 (9:00-10:00 PM) “The Road to Hollywood” Auditions Episode

Tuesday, Feb. 9 (8:00-9:00 PM) Hollywood Round, Part 1

Wednesday, Feb. 10 (9:00-10:00 PM) Hollywood Round, Part 2

Tuesday, Feb. 16 (8:00-9:00 PM) Hollywood Round, Part 3

Wednesday, Feb. 17 (9:00-10:00 PM) Hollywood Round, Part 4
    Top 24 Semifinalists Announced

Tuesday, Feb. 23 (8:00-10:00 PM) Top 12 Female Semifinalists Perform

Wednesday, Feb. 24 (8:00-10:00 PM) Top 12 Male Semifinalists Perform

Thursday, Feb. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM) First Results Show (ET live/PT tape-delayed)
    Two Male and Two Female Contestants Eliminated

Tuesday, March 2 (8:00-10:00 PM) Top 10 Female Semifinalists Perform

Wednesday, March 3 (8:00-10:00 PM) Top 10 Male Semifinalists Perform

Thursday, March 4 (8:00-9:00 PM) Results Show (ET live/PT tape-delayed)
    Two Male and Two Female Contestants Eliminated

Tuesday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM) Top 8 Female Semifinalists Perform

Wednesday, March 10 (9:00-10:00 PM) Top 8 Male Semifinalists Perform

Thursday, March 11 (8:00-9:00 PM) Results Show (ET live/PT tape-delayed)
    Two Male and Two Female Contestants Eliminated; Finalists Revealed

Tuesday, March 16 (8:00-10:00 PM) Finalists Perform (ET live/PT tape-delayed)

Wednesday, March 17 (9:00-10:00 PM) Results Show (ET live/PT tape-delayed)
    One Contestant Eliminated

FORT Fogey

I am not looking forward to this season for 3 reasons:

1) Ellen. She has no business being on this show and I find her humor to be really annoying and really not funny.
    2)Hollywood week hasn't happened yet and we have no real spoilers
    3) Jamar Rogers tried out again this season and then dropped out! (NO!)

Anyone know when Hollywood week actually starts? Are they taping now, or will it be next week?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'm willing to at least give Ellen a chance. Her humor (whether you find it funny or not) is better than Paula's hazy ramblings.

That being said, I'd keep TWO of Paula if I could get rid of Kara.

While running errands today, I heard "Black Velvet" and changed the station, only to hear "Lady Marmalade". Wonder how many will use one of those two songs for their auditions this season?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I can't wait for the show to start! I think Ellen is going to really liven things up too. She's going to be a hoot.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3787374;
    I'm willing to at least give Ellen a chance. Her humor (whether you find it funny or not) is better than Paula's hazy ramblings.
    I'm with you 100% Paula added NOTHING to this show. Every time she opened her mouth is was a complete waste of time. What we really wanted to know is what did Simon think. As a matter of fact it was worse than a waste of time; she made the show a laughingstock numerous times.

Don't get me wrong - I love Paula. Just not on this show. She is one of my all-time favorite choreographers. Why she never took up Nigel Lythoe's offer to come on SYTYCD is a mystery.

I am looking forward to Ellen bringing in a fresh perspective. I hope she has a thick skin because one thing is for sure - Idol viewers don't take to change immediately.

My only caveat about Ellen is that if Simon is really leaving at the end of this season, then the producers should have hired Simon's replacement a year early so viewers can get used to the new personality. That's essential what they did with Kara because, all denials to the contrary, Kara (not Ellen) is the Paula replacement. They got her in there before Paula's contract was up so they could loose Paula, if necessary. (Although if Paula had been a little more flexible in negotiations I think they would have kept her on.)

And, speaking of Kara, I think this will be a much better year for her. She knows the ropes now, and she doesn't have to compete with Paula. Also, she now has Ellen to draw fire as the new kid on the block.

FORT Fogey

I don't know if Hollywood Week has started yet. We don't know the top 24 yet. It is supposed to be the old format with 4 going home every week until the top 12 are selected. And the winner (for those of us who believe the producers/judges pre-select a winner) will be a Susan Boyle-esque woman. I think both Randy and Kara have mentioned that they were surprised that some of the contestants could "sing like that" by just looking at them. Randy mentioned he wanted it to be a woman and Kara even mentioned Susan Boyle by name. I could not find the articles I read though.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3787483;
    I'm with you 100% Paula added NOTHING to this show. Every time she opened her mouth is was a complete waste of time. What we really wanted to know is what did Simon think. As a matter of fact it was worse than a waste of time; she made the show a laughingstock numerous times.

Don't get me wrong - I love Paula. Just not on this show. She is one of my all-time favorite choreographers. Why she never took up Nigel Lythoe's offer to come on SYTYCD is a mystery.

I am looking forward to Ellen bringing in a fresh perspective. I hope she has a thick skin because one thing is for sure - Idol viewers don't take to change immediately.

My only caveat about Ellen is that if Simon is really leaving at the end of this season, then the producers should have hired Simon's replacement a year early so viewers can get used to the new personality. That's essential what they did with Kara because, all denials to the contrary, Kara (not Ellen) is the Paula replacement. They got her in there before Paula's contract was up so they could loose Paula, if necessary. (Although if Paula had been a little more flexible in negotiations I think they would have kept her on.)

And, speaking of Kara, I think this will be a much better year for her. She knows the ropes now, and she doesn't have to compete with Paula. Also, she now has Ellen to draw fire as the new kid on the block.
    When Kara was brought on, I figured it was a test to see if they wanted to keep Paula or replace her with Kara. I also thought they would go back to 3 judges this year, but evidently not! Paula seemed to have straightened her act up quite a bit last year. And Kara appeared to be trying too hard to make a good impression, which didn't work quite often. So I agree - Kara will probably be a lot better this year because she'll probably be more relaxed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast