+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Judges Save Option

Judges Save Option

It has been talked about in several threads, thought it could use one of its own.

Is it a save option or get rid of someone horrible option?

I think to save someone it would be used on Lil, Adam or Danny. I can't see them saving anyone else unless someone gets hot.

But someone mentioned it might be used to get rid of someone. That thought intrigued me. If someone is sticking around and constantly in the bottom two, they could save someone one week, and the next week that bottom two (we can't get rid of them) would go home as well.

I hope they change the format of it tho. It seems cruel to make them stand their and then sing knowing they arn't going to be saved but hoping anyway.
    Last edited by MotherSister; 03-13-2009 at 04:21 PM.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Re: Judges Save Option

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3382084;
    It has been talked about in several threads, thought it could use one of its own.
    Since it is just something they can use once in the season, they are only going to use it if someone they think has the potential to go all the way if they stay to sing another week. If America really doesn't like that person, they can vote them off the very next week. And it's not like a higher vote getter will leave in their place. I don't mind the new rule at all

I was worried when it was mentioned Tuesday that there would be a new rule, that the judges would select each week from the bottom 3 vote getters which onw was going home. Or something crazy like that,

I think it is silly and a waste of time. Now each week we are going to hear the "but will the judges save them" drama. Just like last week, it was obvious that the judges weren't going to use it!

Not to mention they can't use it past the top 5. Didn't Chris D go during the 4spot? It certainly would not have saved him. They used Jennifer Hudson, Chris D and one other as the reason for the save.

The other one they used as an example was Michael Johns. I kinda doubt they would've used it to save Michael Johns. And Simon was not a big J-Hud fan until she made the 'Dreamgirls' movie.

So I doubt they would've used it on her either.

The only one I could see them saving would be Daughtry or Melinda, but like everyone else mentioned, he left at the #4 spot & she at the #3, and under the current rules they couldn't have been saved.

FORT Fogey

I like the option, but don't like that it has to be a unanimous decision among the judges. I think it'd be better if they were each given one to use per season. That would also remove the cruelty and fake drama of Ryan saying "Unless the judges save him/her" each week. There'd be no need for the tease if Ryan announced who was leaving, and one of the judges could speak up on his or her own saying "no he's not leaving"

Season 1: Tamyra Gray eliminated F4
    Season 2: Vanessa Olivarez eliminated F12
    Season 3: Amy Adams eliminated F10
    Jennifer Hudson eliminated F7
    Season 4: Constantine Maroulis eliminated F6
    Anwar Robinson April 20
    Nadia Turner April 13
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

The save Lil Rounds option will be around until they need to .....well...save Lil Rounds.

Given the opportunity, here is my list of the only time a save would be considered by the judges.

If they had the option in S3&4, I doubt they would have ever used it, as the chosen one, was the season winner.

Season 1: Tamyra Gray eliminated F4
    Season 2: Vanessa Olivarez eliminated F12
    Season 3: Amy Adams eliminated F10
    Jennifer Hudson eliminated F7
    Season 4: Constantine Maroulis eliminated F6
    Anwar Robinson eliminated F7
    Nadia Turner eliminated F8
    Season 5: Chris Daughtry eliminated F4
    Mandisa eliminated F9
    Season 6: Melinda Doolittle eliminated F3
    Gina Glocksen eliminated F9
    Season 7: Michael Johns eliminated F8
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I think it's pointless and a waste of time. If the person didn't get the votes that week? What could possibly make them think they would get the votes the next week? They are just delaying the inevitable. Are they going to refund the money some people paid for voting?

Also, the only ones I have ever thought were sent home wrongly were in the top 4 and up position (Daughtry, Doolittle, Gray... the rest I was fine with them going when they did). Not sure what stopping at top 5 does.

FORT Fogey

I thought that the "bottom three/two" weren't necessarily the bottom two really in votes...but now it would have to be (chance of someone leaving). When Fantasia, LaToya and Jennifer Hudson were bottom 3 together, i thought it was pure drama (3 divas), and Chris D Vs. the runner up girl...can't remember her name at the moment.

The time they would have used it, if F4 was possible would have been Tamyra.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast