+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Judges Save Option

Re: Judges Save Option

I don't think this new rule would have saved Jennifer Hudson becaues it has to be unanimous. Simon was not a fan of Jennifer. But the judges would have used it for Latoya London, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3384792;
    I don't think this new rule would have saved Jennifer Hudson becaues it has to be unanimous. Simon was not a fan of Jennifer. But the judges would have used it for Latoya London, correct?
    Latoya went in the final four so it wouldn't have been able to save her but I do believe they would have used it on Jennifer Hudson even though Simion wasn't a big fan, especially since they would have had only 1 more week left that they could use it and she had a wonderful performance the night before with "Circle of Life".
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Former 'Idols' Sound Off On Judges' New Veto Power
    By Laura Saltman

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
    When Michael Johns was eliminated from last season’s “American Idol” during week five there was a collective gasp of shock. An early favorite (especially among female fans) John’s rendition of “Dream On” by Aerosmith, while not his best performance, certainly didn’t deserve to get him the Idol boot. Johns is just the type of person this new judges’ “save” is hoping to help. When host Ryan Seacrest last week explained the new rule he invoked the names of Johns and other former contestants - Chris Daughtry, Tamyra Gray and Jennifer Hudson who all were suddenly sent home with the lowest number of votes.

So, you would think that Johns would find this new rule to be a fantastic addition. In fact, he finds it just the opposite.

“I personally don’t really dig it that much. As someone that was the shock value and it would have helped I don’t really think its necessary,” he told Accesshollywood.com correspondent Laura “Dish of Salt” Saltman backstage at a taping of Fox Reality Channel’s “American Idol Extra.”

Johns continued, “I think that’s the drama of Idol isn’t it? That sometimes America gets it right. Sometimes they get it wrong. You gotta vote for the people you love.”

Brooke White, also from season seven, agreed with Johns’ summation.

“In some ways things play out for a reason and you just take it for what it is.”

Laura also spoke to several season six contestants about the new veto power as the rehearsed for, “American Stars In Concert: Spring Break”

Phil Stacey, who was part of a double elimination with Chris Richardson two seasons ago, has his theory on how it will play out this season.

“Basically what they are saying is don’t vote Adam Lambert or Danny Gokey out cause if you do they will get saved. Paula wants to see them in the finale. So they will save them,” Stacey said. “I don’t know that it’s going to change the way America votes or the way the judges vote to be honest. For the most part America agrees with Simon Cowell.”

Gina Glocksen didn’t mince words on her feelings.

“I personally think it’s stupid.”

Glocksen believes “Idol” should instead take a page from judge Randy Jackson’s MTV show, which he executive produces, “America’s Best Dance Crew.”

“I love how they eliminate. They have the bottom two. America votes for the bottom two and then the judges watch them perform for their lives and then the judges choose.”

Stacey and Glocksen are currently on a fourteen-city national spring tour with fellow season six contestant Melinda Doolittle and season seven’s Chikeze.
    Link

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3384792;
    I don't think this new rule would have saved Jennifer Hudson becaues it has to be unanimous. Simon was not a fan of Jennifer.
    I think many are forgetting how young Jennifer was on her season. Was it a shocker, yes, as she could sing. But I don't think she did as well as she does now. She has grown up and developed as a singer. I am sooo sick of hearing how she was voted out sooooo early.

This is the one week where no matter who is booted I just don't see the judges saving anyone. Mainly because this boot sets up who does & who does not make the tour. I can't see the judges messing with this & in effect taking big money out of someones pocket.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3386205;
    This is the one week where no matter who is booted I just don't see the judges saving anyone. Mainly because this boot sets up who does & who does not make the tour. I can't see the judges messing with this & in effect taking big money out of someones pocket.
    I agree with you razorbacker. Just don't see it happening
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I am a torn, I think if Allison is voted off they *might* use it. But then again, do they want a 16 year old on the tour?
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3386750;
    I am a torn, I think if Allison is voted off they *might* use it. But then again, do they want a 16 year old on the tour?
    A 16yr. old would require at least 1 chaperone.

The Save

Haven't really looked through all the other threads to see if this has been discussed yet, so if it has, my apologies. If not, consider this:

DH and I were watching the show last night and got into a rather heated discussion of who we think the judges would definitely save from elimination if it came down to it. We both agreed that there is no way they will use it up this early in the eliminations UNLESS one of the following somehow landed in the dead last spot for whatever reason:

1. Adam - because he's THAT good and Simon sees dollar signs.
    2. Allison - because SHE is that good and definitely the best female left.

Who do ya'll think the judges would use up the "save" for at this point and why?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Re: The Save

I think they'd save:

Adam
    Alison
    Danny
    Lil

I do think you are right about the money aspect for Simon. He looks at who is bankable. I am not sure he would consider
    Adam to be a pop star and I'm not even sure Simon would like him to be the last one standing. But I feel Adam would be saved because he is that good and deserves to be in the top 3 (if not the top 2) Can you tell I'm torn about him winning? I'd prefer he didn't ONLY because the winner gets trapped in that "let's make them all sound alike" recording contract.

Alison would be saved because she is exceptionally good. She's got a future ahead of her, that's for sure.

Danny. I am not loving Danny like I did...but he would be saved no doubt. Or at least right now.

Lil. She's definitely got a future and they'd save her. I didn't like this week's performance though. It put me off her...but I suspect it was just the song choice.

+ Reply to Thread