Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Michael Sarver - Season 8

Re: Michael Sarver - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3387668;
    So he won't need a day job anymore?
    I don't recall saying that.

FORT Fogey

I wasn't feeling the Michael love, but I saw an episode of the show with Justin and Kimberly Caldwell (love those two together on that show). A young kid was interviewed and said he liked Michael's vocals the best as that he thought he was trying the most out of anyone.

Not sure about either of those comments, but I do like Michael's spirit, and I'm glad he stuck around. I was sad to see Alexis go but she seemed to be a bundle of nerves and it might be better for to call it a day for now. Maybe they'll invoke and exception for the tour and do a Top 11. I'm sure she could use the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3387977;
    I wasn't feeling the Michael love, but I saw an episode of the show with Justin and Kimberly Caldwell (love those two together on that show). A young kid was interviewed and said he liked Michael's vocals the best as that he thought he was trying the most out of anyone.

Not sure about either of those comments, but I do like Michael's spirit, and I'm glad he stuck around. I was sad to see Alexis go but she seemed to be a bundle of nerves and it might be better for to call it a day for now. Maybe they'll invoke and exception for the tour and do a Top 11. I'm sure she could use the money.
    There's already some good whispers about him, sort of like what happened to Bucky Covington. I remember Covington was hammered by Simon and by a lot of viewers. Yet, he had no trouble going out there and making a living as a singer/songwriter and musican. Real musicians like Rascal Flatts happily stood up for him while he was being torn down by Simon and the public. Clearly, I'll take Rascal Flatts opinion over Simon Cowell and some of the public. With Michael it sounds like he's headed in the same direction as Bucky- undeveloped talent mixed with an uindeniable spirit that isn't affected or disengenuous. Kids pick up on that as do those who aren't yet jaded by their own adulthood.
    Certainly, Michael has the talent and the tools to do the same thing as Covington. He is hard working, the kid who pointed it out has that right. And he's fiercely loyal to what he believes is best for him. He's capable of going in different directions in terms of genre so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out once he's off the show and done with the tour. If anything, this whole experience is character building, having to deal with the cheap shots and `clever' insults from Simon (whose nothing more than a professional insulter rather than an authentic judge of talent). Michael also gets to use this oppurtunity to work on dealing with his nerves, his biggest problem at this point.
    Anyhow, that's my 25 cents worth. I'm rooting for him. I know he won't win, but that's not why I watch the show.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Stayed on about five weeks too long. Bye bye now.

Ricky should have been in the final instead of him.

I thought Michael was much better than Megan. She definitely should have gone home before Michael. At least he could sing a song without sounding "all over the place".
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I thought Michael was a class act. I believe he knew that he wasn't strong enough vocally to make it to the end and he seemed to really enjoy the experience. Good job Michael!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Michael wasn't my favorite . . . not even close to it, but he is much better than Megan.

The "save" wasn't going to be used for him and it was rude that the judges pretended to be considering it for even a moment.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3394996;
    Michael wasn't my favorite . . . not even close to it, but he is much better than Megan.

The "save" wasn't going to be used for him and it was rude that the judges pretended to be considering it for even a moment.
    Absolutely agree with you..I thought it was mean to do. I felt sorry for him, because you know he was hoping at that point.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3394996;

I agree with everything you are saying. I felt bad for him. He never once lost his smile though. He is honestly a good/nice guy. I wish him the best of luck
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast