+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Lil Rounds - Season 8

Re: Lil Rounds - Season 8

Shrill Sounds...love it, razorbacker!

I really thought she'd be a serious contender for the title this season when I saw her audition. However, I agree with all of y'all who've said she brings nothing special/unique to the table this season. She's a good singer, but there are plenty of singers like her on the scene already. As Kara said last night, Motown week was Lil's week to shine, and she didn't.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I was really disappointed with her last night. It should have been her night to shine, but she didn't. She needs to be a little softer when she sings. A lot of times, she sounds like she is screaming. I thought she was going to be one of the best, but she isn't doing so hot.

Oh and did anyone notice how she was not taking to the criticism the judges were giving her? She looked p*ssed BIG time
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3393749;
    I was really disappointed with her last night. It should have been her night to shine, but she didn't. She needs to be a little softer when she sings. A lot of times, she sounds like she is screaming. I thought she was going to be one of the best, but she isn't doing so hot.

Oh and did anyone notice how she was not taking to the criticism the judges were giving her? She looked p*ssed BIG time

Oh, I noticed!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3393719;
    It could be that she doesn't realize it, but she looks awfully defensive when they are giving her anything less than a stellar review.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar

I wanted her to kill it last night, but she did not deliver. She just hasn't picked the right songs, and isn't standing out in the competition. I'm waiting for her 'moment'
    Praise seitan!

FORT Fan

Nice girl, nice singer.....Kareoke winner....nice future as a backup singer IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3393749;

She was really mad but she should have listened to what Kara had to say. Kara was spot on for once.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

What I don't understand is when they said that Lil could, "sing the phone book" and then they say that she didn't pick the right song. Wouldn't any song be the right song for someone good enough to sing the phone book?

I'm among those who thought that Lil would have a walk in the park on Motown week, and I was very disappointed. But lately I've been somewhat put off by her arrogance. She looked totally shocked when Ryan teased her about being in the bottom three this week. Maybe she needs to be in the bottom three just to bring her back down to earth.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I am no fan of Lil's singing, but I think any contestant has the right to look shocked at being threatened with elimination from the contest. And Ryan can be quite cruel in how he teases the contestants on result nights. Besides, one never knows what is going on these contestants' heads.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3395002;
    What I don't understand is when they said that Lil could, "sing the phone book" and then they say that she didn't pick the right song. Wouldn't any song be the right song for someone good enough to sing the phone book?
    The girl can sing and she did sing the song well enough for the type of song it is. The problem is that "Heat Wave" isn't the type of song that allows you to flex your vocal muscles - it's just too fast and high energy. Listen to the original. Nothing special with the vocals there either. Great song to get people moving - crappy contest song.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3395062;
    I am no fan of Lil's singing, but I think any contestant has the right to look shocked at being threatened with elimination from the contest. And Ryan can be quite cruel in how he teases the contestants on result nights. Besides, one never knows what is going on these contestants' heads.
    --

I don't think any of the contestants should be shocked to be in the bottom three. They should ALL expect it. None of them are ALL THAT. Adam is the only one that is exceptional, and I don't think he would be shocked to be bottom three. Every other season that I've watched, I've had an early favorite, and a couple that I really likes. This year, there just aren't any possibilities. They need to start searching for real singers again, and forget about "total packages" and "back stories".

+ Reply to Thread