+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2565666768697071727374757677787980 LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3887682;
    I'm confused.

Why is he the opening act on most of these venues?
    Is that typically what happens to Idol winners when they go out on their own to tour?
    Shouldn't he be the main act?

Kelly co-headlined with Clay in 2004. I don't know about the others.....

I'm geeked to see Kris in Detroit (Clarkston, Mi to be precise) but I couldn't give a rat's patooty about Barenaked Ladies.

I think I'd rather make the trip to Hershey Pa. to see him and Daughtry together.

FORT Fogey

I'm confused.

Is that typically what happens to Idol winners when they go out on their own to tour?
    It depends. You can do small venues as a solo, or large venues as an opener. David Cook did the former - mostly a college tour with his band. David Archuleta did a mix - a short tour of smaller venues in the winter, then in the spring he opened for McFly in the UK, and then Demi Levato in the summer.

Danny Gokey has a great gig this summer opening for Lady Antebellum.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3887700;
    It depends. You can do small venues as a solo, or large venues as an opener. David Cook did the former - mostly a college tour with his band. David Archuleta did a mix - a short tour of smaller venues in the winter, then in the spring he opened for McFly in the UK, and then Demi Levato in the summer.

Danny Gokey has a great gig this summer opening for Lady Antebellum.
    Thanks.
    I'm not going to put David A or Danny G into the mix, as neither won, like Kris did.
    I will go with the comparison for David C. as he was a winner.

Anybody know about others who've won and did they do their concerts as opening acts or as solo?

Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

I know Carrie Underwood opened for Keith Urban and I believe Kenny Chesney... maybe a few others too.

I saw Kris in San Antonio when he opened for One Republic... it was good, but I definately think he could have
    played longer!

If I recall correctly Carrie also wanted to polish her performance skills before heading out on her own as a headliner. I'm sure razorbacker can give detsails.

I'm confused.

Carrie opened for Kenny Chesney & Brad Paisley before her co-headlining tour with Keith Urban.

I wanted to add to my post above, but it's to late to edit it, so...

Not to long after Carrie won & she was just beginning to make appearances after Some Hearts came out, she had a show scheduled in Chicago. On the same bill was Alan Jackson, in fact Carrie was the closer. But, she put her foot down & said there was no way she was going to close any show at that point in her career when Alan Jackson was in the house. She stepped aside & he closed the show. That was the right thing to do.

So, back to Kris, it's not a bad thing that he is opening for some of these more established acts. It'll give him a chance to see how it goes, what works & what doesn't, & what he needs to do to step it up for when he does get the chance to headline.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3888298;
    Not to long after Carrie won & she was just beginning to make appearances after Some Hearts came out, she had a show scheduled in Chicago. On the same bill was Alan Jackson, in fact Carrie was the closer. But, she put her foot down & said there was no way she was going to close any show at that point in her career when Alan Jackson was in the house. She stepped aside & he closed the show. That was the right thing to do.
    That's what I was alluding to in my post. I just couldn't remember the specifics.

THanks, all.
    I had heard somewhat about Carrie and her early concerts.
    I'm still wondering about all the other Idol winners.
    Just curious if most do start off as opening acts?
    Seems like it would be a good way to hone one's craft.
    Just wondered what has happened in the case of the 6 or 7 other idol winners?
    Fantasia, Kelly, Ruben, Jordin, Taylor, et al?
    Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3887694;
    I'm geeked to see Kris in Detroit (Clarkston, Mi to be precise) but I couldn't give a rat's patooty about Barenaked Ladies.

I think I'd rather make the trip to Hershey Pa. to see him and Daughtry together.
    You could also go to Grand Rapids and see him. It looks like it will be a solo event.

+ Reply to Thread