+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 80 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Yay for Kris! He was able to pull the upset! His face when they announced him as the winner was priceless! He is so gracious and humble. I can't wait for his CD!

I loved the look of shock on his face when they said Kris won. It was totally genuine and I really believe he thought Adam should have been the winner since he was a better singer. But better singers don't necessarily always win, particularly rockers. Congrats to Kris. One of the girls in my office who has two girls in college said they saw Kris last night on the show for the first time and went gaga over him. I guess he has that appeal! Again, congrats to Kris who will have a good career!
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

I think America got it right!! Good job Kris, glad you pulled it off in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3378299;
    I hope Kris surprises ya'll. I think he has a shot to be around for a while.
    Right on the money Razorbacker! It's funny to go back to the start of the posts (this was posted March 10th) and see what people were saying.

CONGRATS to Kris! Can it be time for the tour now?
    Forever a Word Nerd

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by illusions;3462161;
    I loved the look of shock on his face when they said Kris won. It was totally genuine and I really believe he thought Adam should have been the winner since he was a better singer.
    In your opinion Adam is the better singer. I personally don't think so. He is the same old trick with that dam* screech. I will give Adam props for having a better stage presence. But just look at Carrie Underwood....she had ZERO stage presence during AI and look at her now.

Kris was shocked b/c he was beaten down week after week by the judges when they said he would never win this thing PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Kris is a true artist and proved over the course of the season that he deserved this just as much as anyone else
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

People have said Heartless was the greatest clutch performance in AI history. I respectfully disagree. I think by that time, Kris was pretty established and the whole notion that he needed to pull a rabbit out of the hat at that point, is really debatable.

I would go back and nominate Man in the Mirror as absolutely THE most clutch performance in AI history. After all, Kris was fully expected to be cannon fodder and was a total surprise that this guy who'd been given no air time snuck through over some of the contestants they were promoting.

Just listened to MITM again on YouTube, it is so great, and I have always been more of a hard rock guy too.

This is from Kris' interview with MTV's Jim Cantiello:

Kris Allen Reassures Adam Lambert Fans - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

Cantiello: Last question: There's some heartbroken Adam Lambert fans on the Internet. What do you say to them right now to cushion the blow a little bit?

Allen: OK, here's the deal: Adam is gonna be fine. He's gonna be a megastar. He's probably gonna be bigger than me, so don't worry about him. He's great. I'm really happy for him.
    I respect you so much, Kris Allen, you don't even know. I'm going to be a fan of yours for a long while.

I can't wait to hear his album.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3462031;
    Personally, I liked Kris better too. I think he is more marketable and versatile than Adam. Adam is too edgy for a lot of people. They are both very talented men, but Adam's high voice and screaming style doesn't do it for me. I did, however, like the first song he sang when he kept it mellow. It was a close race, but I am not surprised Kris won. Maybe the judges obvious favoritism toward Adam may have put voters off also (just a thought).
    Ditto on everything you said.

I am so happy that Kris won I can't wait to see him on the tour and buy his cd when it comes out. The first time my favorite won this show and it is fun to have a happy feeling that doesn't want to go away
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread