+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 196 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Oh wow - I just went and listened to Come to Me, Bend to Me. Incredible!

This guy's voice and his control AND range is beyond anyone else I've heard on Idol.

Yeah, I have to admit I'm in the group that totally LOVED his ROF version. Listened to it again and it just makes me go, "wow". I loved the Middle Eastern flair and the vocals. (someone else on here pointed out what those vocal scales are).

And then last night - he practically brought me to tears I was so impressed.

For me, he's the one to beat. I actually am hoping he doesn't win as some of the non-winners have had a lot more freedom in recording. I would go to an
    Adam Lambert concert or buy a CD. I may even consider going to the tour - just to see/listen to him.

Wow...just WOW. Adam's performance of "Tracks of My Tears" was far and away the best performance of the night. Thank goodness for TiVo...I've already watched/listened to it about 10 times since last night!

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3390123;
    It would be refreshing for Adam to just sing for once and dispense with the theatrics and if it gets him votes, well good for him I guess. But there are still people like me who won't forget all the weird stuff and will never vote for him. Period. You couldn't PAY me to vote for him at this point.
    So, stacerace (and the others who've been waiting/wanting to see Adam "tone it down"), what did y'all think of last night?

FORT Fogey

I very much like what "that site" is saying. I have had this discussion with others here about voting....not voting for one's "favorite" because he was aapparently safe ( and wasn't).....voting for several favorites....etc.

My contention is that lots and lots of people vote for the best performance.....and it looks like that happened last night with Adam.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Count me in the minority, but I just am not warming up to Adam. Last night I thought his voice reminded me of Tiny Tim. I'm hoping to have my opinion changed. Would like to hear him do Queen.

I did like Adam's look last night, though! Probably won't see it again, but I don't think that look is him, so it's understandable.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'm with you Buckeye. It's like everyone is raving about the Emporer's new clothes but all I see is a naked fat guy.

I wanted to like Adam, being the fan of Broadway that I am, but everything after his audition has been a turn-off.

We know he can sing and hit the high notes. I'd like to see what else he can do.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3393735;
    Count me in the minority, but I just am not warming up to Adam.
    I'm right there with you Buckeye. I just cannot get into this guy. And the judges raving about him week after week is getting a little old. I thought he did a lot better last night than he did last week
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar

I hate this guy, but last night's performance was actually decent. I hated his rendition of ROF last week, but he redeemed himself a little with this week's performance.
    Praise seitan!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I thought he was boring last night. I don't get him. He's talented, yes, excellent voice, yes, but I don't 'get' him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3393676;
    Oh wow - I just went and listened to Come to Me, Bend to Me. Incredible!
    This guy's voice and his control AND range is beyond anyone else I've heard on Idol.

Yeah, I have to admit I'm in the group that totally LOVED his ROF version. Listened to it again and it just makes me go, "wow". I loved the Middle Eastern flair and the vocals. (someone else on here pointed out what those vocal scales are).

And then last night - he practically brought me to tears I was so impressed.

For me, he's the one to beat. I actually am hoping he doesn't win as some of the non-winners have had a lot more freedom in recording. I would go to an
    Adam Lambert concert or buy a CD. I may even consider going to the tour - just to see/listen to him.
    Where can I find this song? I would love to listen to it.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3393720;
    Wow...just WOW. Adam's performance of "Tracks of My Tears" was far and away the best performance of the night. Thank goodness for TiVo...I've already watched/listened to it about 10 times since last night!

So, stacerace (and the others who've been waiting/wanting to see Adam "tone it down"), what did y'all think of last night?

Loved it. I absolutely loved the control in his voice and I thought he did an amazing job with the song.

It was not as moving as David Cook changing it up with Little Sparrow and Music of the Night, but it was definitely a step in the right direction. It hasn't yet put me on an Adam love train, either.

I've heard word of an interview that he gave where he indicated that he hoped that there would not be a Broadway night... and am trying to find that. If the details that were shared with me were accurate.. I'll have a lot more to say about it.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread