+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I don't care what anyone says, I Love Adam Lambert!!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Is it me or does he look kind of Japanese on the cover of the Japanese Rolling Stone?

FORT Fogey

He is the only former contestant to mentor...is that really true??? Not even a winner and they use him to be the first one

Last night on DWTS they bastardized his signature song, For Your Entertainment, for Kate and Tony's tango. I didn't even realize that was the song playing until the very end. AIYEEE! There are some people you cannot cover and Adam is one of them.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I caught that too - not only did they wreck Adam's song, they used it for Kate's clomping about. Yeck. At least I get the treat of hearing him sing again this week.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I thought it was hysterical! The guy was trying to hit some notes, poor thing, that probably made his eyes cross and ended up just letting out a death shriek that reminded me of Gokey's. I haven't had this much fun watching DWTS in 3 seasons!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fogey

OK - kind of unexpected statement here by Ken Warwick (Idol Producer). He is being interviewed by Michael Slezak (in bold, below).

'American Idol' exclusive: Executive Producer Ken Warwick on nixing the Swaybots and helping Adam Lambert

Okay, so how are you feeling about the show overall? There’s obviously been criticism that season 9 got off to a sleepy start. Do you think having Adam Lambert come in this week is going to shake things up and infuse the show with that added bit of drama that he generally manages to bring to the screen?

"I sincerely hope so. Because the guy is an incredible talent, and he had an incredible following. And it kind of upsets me that at the moment he’s not doing quite as well… [Pauses.] I don’t know what possessed him to do what he did at the AMAs, but he’s still struggling to live it down. And everybody says to me every week, ‘When are you gonna bring back Adam?’ They want to see him as he was. And hopefully we’re gonna do that for him this week, and we can start putting him back firmly where he belongs, as a major star. Because the guy is an incredible talent. He genuinely is. And it kind of breaks my heart to see someone with that much talent struggle a bit. So hopefully we can do back for him as he can do for us."
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 04-13-2010 at 08:14 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3876288;
    OK - kind of unexpected statement here by Ken Warwick (Idol Producer).
    From what I can see, Adam is doing well. TMZ, Access Hollywood, etc are all interested in reporting about Adam, so he has some media heat. OK, the AMA blow back kind of gutted the planned promotion of the first single, but he quickly came back with a second song that is still charting well. And he's sold a very respectable number of albums.

I guess it's a matter of expectations. If Ken thought that Adam would hit Lady Gaga / Justin Beiber sales levels at launch, then it's disappointing. As for me, Adam is right where I expected him to be: good sales and laying the groundwork for an upcoming tour.

I really liked Adam as mentor last night! He had good comments to the contestants and his observations were generally spot-on. I also thought his interactions with Ryan were cute.

As a side note, his few short moments on screen displayed more charisma than most of the constestants put together. Unfortunately, he shows what is lacking in this season. Can't wait to see him perform tonight!!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I have to say that I am not Adam's biggest fan, but I think he did a fantastic job last night. He really brought out the energy in some of them.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread