+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3462535;
    That is the most ridiculous statement I have ever read. I don't recall Adam ever saying he was gay to begin with.
    He doesn't need to say it...

He's into theater, He into Cher, He makes out with boys, and he wears much more make up than necessary lol

Clay never said he was gay while on the show, but so many people believed him to be gay anyways, and it turned out to be true. Just pointing out what I think is obvious lol

American Idol
    Adam Lambert talked to FOX news this morning about those rumors that Queen is interested in Adam as their new lead singer. Adam says I think there was some interest…that would be really wild.” When the reporter pressed he laughed, “I’m pleading the 5th.”

He says sharing the stage with Kris Allen and great bands like KISS and Queen was a “crowning achievement.”
    There's a video of the interview also.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3462555;
    People also said America wasn't ready for a Black President...ooops.
    How can you even compare the two? First of all, Obama won, nor Adam or Clay did. If you want to compare gays and African Americans, we can take that a step further and say that gays cant get married. Being gay and being black aren't the same...

But I digress, this isn't a debate about being gay or what not. Just insinuating that Adam was at a disadvantage for being gay.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3462525;
    I'm gonna go ahead and say it, Adam didn't win because he was gay, plan and simple. He got Clay Aiken'd. I was rooting for Kris myself, but I always thought that Adam would win...

Face it, America wasn't ready to have a gay winner!!!
    I don't think anyone knows or should know if he is gay or not it's not anyones business. I think to imply that he is gay because he doesn't conform to what some seem to think is the guy next door look is wrong. Adam is the true winner that's all that matters to me. I could careless how he has sex or with who.

Adam Lambert The only Idol everyone is talking about.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Here's the first time I've seen that he has actually been asked about his sexual preference.

I want to just get this question out of the way first, something that's been dangling a bit over you for the whole season: Would you like to put to rest all the speculation about your sexuality?
    It's not dangling over my head. [Laughing] It may be dangling over yours, but it's not over mine. Yeah, I think speculation keeps things really interesting.

So you don't want to say anything one way or the other?
    Like I said, I think speculation keeps things very, very interesting. [Laughs]
    Adam Lambert after the 'American Idol' finale: 'I'm really happy for Kris' | PopWatch Blog | EW.com

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3462577;
    How can you even compare the two? First of all, Obama won, nor Adam or Clay did. If you want to compare gays and African Americans, we can take that a step further and say that gays cant get married. Being gay and being black aren't the same...

But I digress, this isn't a debate about being gay or what not. Just insinuating that Adam was at a disadvantage for being gay.
    The point I was trying to make is that as a Country we have moved past one big hurdle in the political arena & we can do the same on the other fronts as well. I don't believe this country is nearly as bigoted as we once were. Yes, there are pockets, there will always be pockets, but I'd like to think that we are much more accepting about this stuff. And, I firmly believe most people voted for Kris because they prefer his musical stylings over Adams.

Unfortunately we have not moved as forward as people think. Bigotry is still out there it is just dressed up and disguised as other things.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3462620;
    The point I was trying to make is that as a Country we have moved past one big hurdle in the political arena & we can do the same on the other fronts as well. I don't believe this country is nearly as bigoted as we once were. Yes, there are pockets, there will always be pockets, but I'd like to think that we are much more accepting about this stuff. And, I firmly believe most people voted for Kris because they prefer his musical stylings over Adams.
    I don't have a problem, at this point, with Kris winning. So be it.
    However, I think it's pretty obvious that a lot of the voting had nothing to do with one's musical stylings.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3462525;
    I'm gonna go ahead and say it, Adam didn't win because he was gay, plan and simple. He got Clay Aiken'd. I was rooting for Kris myself, but I always thought that Adam would win...

Face it, America wasn't ready to have a gay winner!!!
    If you were rooting for Kris even though you have no problem with Adam being gay, is it a stretch to assume that many other people were doing the same?

Adam didn't win because Kris had momentum, he had the "underdog" status, he was in the pimp slot, he had a motivated fan base, and he's actually really good at being the type of singer he is.

FORT Fogey

I think Kris won because it ended up being a voting contest, not a singing contest. I don't believe for a minute that Kris had more fans.....only that his fans voted more, for many reasons that have already been stated. It is always that way on this show. It isn't the first time that the best singer hasn't ended up winning; but Adam is so ridiculously talented that the shock is that much greater.

I don't want to take anything away from Kris. He has talent, artistry, looks, personality....the total package. It's just Adam's package is so very much bigger.

+ Reply to Thread