+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1942
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

It's safe to say that we're all not going to agree on any one contestant. That's what makes the world go round.
    We have had some "Idols" through the years - long before American Idol came on the air. One of the most notable ones was Elvis Presley. He was an extremely polarizing guy for his time and a total icon. Michael Jackson was also very polarizing for his time. Madonna is another one. There are several others, obviously. One thing that they all had in common was that they were performers and not just singers.
    I think of the 2 contestants, Adam has the potential to become a big icon in the same tradition as the others.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3449852;
    There's a name for that and it's human. He's making personal style choices and going for self expression. Judging by the way he's been morphing from one persona to another from week to week, it doesn't look like Adam believes in boxes and labels anyways.
    amen. i was going to say something like that but you said it better.

FORT Fogey

Everyone does have their own opinion....thank goodness.......I think Adam is talented, but to say he is the most talented ever on AI is pushing it. I would agree to "Adam is the most experience, professional, performer and different contestant" idol has ever had. Bo Bice was labeled as the most comfortable performer during his season. I am still voting for the contestant that moves me to purchase a CD/music or attend a concert. I just also have to comment that Adam has stated in a you tube video during one of his cabaret performances his sexual orientation. So he is not hiding it.....he also challenges a camera guy to actually say "the first openly gay winner" also in a video, which Adam doesn't go there......I agree why should he? I just think that the topic of Adam's sexuality is driven because of the prop 8 and also the Miss California controversy......it is front and center and I do believe that it will became a bigger issue if he does win.....JMO

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3451625;
    If Adam wins, the media should just focus on him being the first true "Rocker" to win. Who cares what he does in his personal life?
    Whatever happens next week, I know that Adam is going to have a brilliant career in entertainment ahead of him.
    We still need an Idol to win a Tony...
    Well, maybe Constantine will take care of that this year...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3451847;
    Well, maybe Constantine will take care of that this year...

Not a chance. He is the first one eligible but he won't win.

sdl

There is one thing that will determine whether Adam will win this thing, it's so simple but he hasn't caught on yet and I personally don't think he will.
    It's what allowed Kris Allen, great musician but a nobody from Arkansas, to be within a million votes of him last week.
    It's the scream. Even the people I know who love him are so sick of hearing it. It makes him irritating and one dimensional.
    If he comes out with another Mad World, he will win. Another Axle Rose impersonation, and the kid from Arkansas will smoke him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3452080;
    There is one thing that will determine whether Adam will win this thing, it's so simple but he hasn't caught on yet and I personally don't think he will. It's what allowed Kris Allen, great musician but a nobody from Arkansas, to be within a million votes of him last week. It's the scream.
    I'll add an alternate approach. If on *one* song, he could stop "performing" and just stand there and connect with the audience and sing from his heart. That would move a lot of people. This is something that seems to be so effortless for Kris, but I would love to see Adam do.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3452093;
    I'll add an alternate approach. If on *one* song, he could stop "performing" and just stand there and connect with the audience and sing from his heart. That would move a lot of people. This is something that seems to be so effortless for Kris, but I would love to see Adam do.
    I agree, TCDC, but I always do.
    I have a theory on Adam, it's dimestore psychology, but please bear with me.
    I'm sure you've noticed the instantaneous transformation of Adam from the hard rocker who looks right into the camera and works it hard, to the shy, soft spoken guy who thanks everyone for their nice comments.
    I once saw an interview with him in which someone asked him if the negative stuff about his look, his style, his sexuality, etc bothered him, and he quietly replied, "People have been making fun of me my whole life." It was moving because it was so honest.
    When Adam dresses in drag, when he plays his various characters in the theater, when he changes his look each week to perform on Idol, when he mimics rocks stars, he is during that time he's on stage someone other than Adam.
    When Kris stands in the middle of the stage with no band, just him and his guitar, looking right at you, he's 100% Kris.
    I don't think Adam could ever stand, vulnerable, in front of the audience and just be Adam, connecting with the audience.
    Because he believes that people would make fun of Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3451579;
    True. The only folks really put out by the status quo is the press. They can't write that Adam is gay unless they have confirmation from him. They can use the "alleged" modifier if they have a credible source. But barring that they are in the difficult position of trying to write about a gay contestant that they can't actually call "gay".
    TMZ has a video of him dressed in drag from a few years ago. I personally could care less. I know it is wrong but in a way I don't want him to win because I don't want the judges to get their way. They want him to win as much as they wanted Archuleta last season. I want them to stop manipulating the vote. If the audience chooses Adam then so be it. I just want them to stop trying to persuade people to vote a certain way. It is bad because I do like Adam as a person. He seems like a really sweet guy. He is a bit dramatic for me when he sings but I do think he is talented. I can't imagine hearing him on the radio though. He would probably be amazing on Broadway though.
    Last edited by my3boyz; 05-16-2009 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3451543;
    Adam has hidden nothing about his sexuality. If Adam wins, it will be the first time an "out" gay has won the AI title, a historic occasion. If Adam loses, it will be because people preferred Kris's singing, not because of Adam's sexuality. Adam and Kris are extraordinally talented performers. I happen to prefer Kris's singing at this point and hope he wins.
    --
    I don't think Adam would lose because he is gay either (if he is..lol). I remember during the election season President Obama said many times that if he lost it would not be because of his race. He said it would be because he was not successful in getting his message across to the people. I think we are changing. See how many states are starting to allow gay marriages. No, we are no where near where we need to be but I think we are making progress. I truly believe that if the American people prefer Adam's singing, he will win.

+ Reply to Thread