+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Kara has accomplished one thing and that's to make Paula seem way less annoying to me. Maybe I'm used to Paula, and yes, she still does annoy me, so maybe I'll get used to Kara too.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Does she look to anyone else like a cartoon woodland creature? Bambi maybe? I think it has something to do with her huge nostrils.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Kara is competent enough. Time to end Paula's run after this season is over.

I've just had it with Paula. I fast-forward through everything she has to say (nothing), tired of her jumping to her feet every song and sick of her drugged-out haze she sometimes finds herself in.

There's something in her body language, the way she moves whilst talking, that reminds me of Kermit the frog. Seriously.

...or maybe, since Paula's contract is up this year and she's hinted that it's not necessarily a given that she'll be back, they're trying to slowly introduce Kara this season so that she'll have a year under her belt when she takes Paula's seat if/when Paula leaves...?

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by amna;3381891;
    There's something in her body language, the way she moves whilst talking, that reminds me of Kermit the frog. Seriously.
    I will never again hear a word that Kara says - I'll be too busy trying to see Kermit to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by amna;3381891;
    Yes. And I really hate the way she's speaking. It's SO... OVER... DRAMATIC.

Gang, I agree with all of you who are annoyed by Kara. I'm not usually fixated on appearance, but she looks really odd to me, so odd I can't even come up with visual for it. (Love the Kermit reference. That helps). And her speech is disjointed or has a weird lack of context. It drives me up the wall. For example, her infamous "we should go shopping" comment just came out of left field. Worst, she never seems to express an original analysis of the contestants. She just rehashes what the other judges have said.

I wonder whether the producers chose her because she will never be able to upstage the other judges, especially Paula? Of the past celebrity judges, Gladys Knight, many years ago, gave the most cogent comments. But I suspect she would be too good for this panel.
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 03-13-2009 at 03:44 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Kara is not really bothering me, it's just that she doesn't add anything for me.

Sometimes she talks like a "Saturday Night Live" character.
    When she is saying something like "you know you can sing, but I wasn't really feeling it".
    That sounds like Tina Fey wrote it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this years "Idol Scandal" (you know, there has to be one every year) would be, that there is no Kara DioGuardi, it's really Tina Fey in character.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3381238;
    Kara has accomplished one thing and that's to make Paula seem way less annoying to me. Maybe I'm used to Paula, and yes, she still does annoy me, so maybe I'll get used to Kara too.
    I'm all for anything that keeps Paula sober. I think Kara's presence has done a nice job of that so far (with the exception of last Tuesday; Paula looked under the influence).

Kara could never replace Paula, but I agree that Paula is better with her there.

+ Reply to Thread