+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

Re: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

Last night was probably her best performance but I just cannot like her, something just isn't quite right with her. I think it's her lifeless stage presence and generic country twang in her voice.

Quote Originally Posted by nemo78;2905921;
    Last night was probably her best performance but I just cannot like her, something just isn't quite right with her. I think it's her lifeless stage presence and generic country twang in her voice.
    That's odd - I thought she connected well last night with the audience - she looked comfortable & professional, and really just had her best all-around performance. I bet she stays another week.
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient City;2905973;
    That's odd - I thought she connected well last night with the audience - she looked comfortable & professional, and really just had her best all-around performance. I bet she stays another week.
    Last night was the first time I thought she connected with the audience and brought real conviction to the lyrics. Usually, my first thought is "minor-league ball park" (or the Sanderson Ford commercials that all Arizona Idol winners other than Jordin Sparks have to sing in), but this one had some oomph behind it. Her progress so far this season is huge.

There are about 8 million things about Kristy Lee that I can't stand, but girl's willingness to work at improving is almost making me like her anyway.

i just don't think her voice is strong enough or that great. she doesn't do anything different then the other 567676 blondes singing country. just give her the boot, she's going to get signed with a country label anyway and she'll go on to have a kellie pickler type career.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;2906091;
    i just don't think her voice is strong enough or that great. she doesn't do anything different then the other 567676 blondes singing country. just give her the boot, she's going to get signed with a country label anyway and she'll go on to have a kellie pickler type career.
    You and I seem to be in the minority. I didn't think her performance last night was all that great. It was serviceable, but her voice was still weak in all the same places it always is.

About the only difference was that she was dressed to make the most of her body.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Could it be? Is Kristy Lee... BECOMING POPULAR?
    2003-2008.

she's definitely popular after pandering to the public with God Bless America, i bet they just looooooooove Krusty Lee in the red states.
    thom yorke

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2906420;
    You and I seem to be in the minority. I didn't think her performance last night was all that great. It was serviceable, but her voice was still weak in all the same places it always is.
    You're not the only one thinking so. I thought that was her best performance but it doesn't make it great, it just tells how bad she has been past weeks. This week's performance was listenable and one of the best of that crappy night but still it wasn't very good performance. There's just nothing distinct about her, she's like every other blonde country singer singing in bars across America. And what it comes to her voice, if you look at the group song in Idol Gives Back -show, the difference between her and Carly singing the same part of the song was just HUGE.

clearly her looks are helping her a lot, if she was short and fat she wouldn't have even made it into the competition.
    thom yorke

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;2911585;
    clearly her looks are helping her a lot, if she was short and fat she wouldn't have even made it into the competition.
    The same could be said about all of the top 10 though. I think the lack of looks-appeal hurt Amanda some.

+ Reply to Thread