+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: David Archuleta - Season 7

FORT Fan

Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

sympathy votes for a parental intervention maybe? He is 17...a few more months and he may be able to cut the cord. If he is financially capable of supporting himself he could be imancipated. So very sad..for the boy but maybe this is his way out.

And you wonder why Brittney Spears is a basketcase......

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2983807;
    Why would that work against him (David A.) If anything, I'm thinking sympathy vote.
    I think his fans may feel defeated and lied too. This story came out and was strongly denied by the Archuleta camp. His vocal coach wrote letters on behalf of the Archuleta camp defended Jeff Archuleta and calling the acquisations complete lies. Now it turns out to be true.

You don't get that many chances with fickle fans. And how is Archie going to handle this kind of pressure? I really feel for him.

His dad has been his producer for so long, I'll be curious to see what Archie does when he makes his own artistic decisions. His dad will probably still have a heavy hand in song choice, but at least won't be there directing every aspect of Archie's arrangements.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2983825;
    I think his fans may feel defeated and lied too. This story came out and was strongly denied by the Archuleta camp. His vocal coach wrote letters on behalf of the Archuleta camp defended Jeff Archuleta and calling the acquisations complete lies. Now it turns out to be true.

You don't get that many chances with fickle fans. And how is Archie going to handle this kind of pressure? I really feel for him.
    I feel for him, too, but I tend to think his fan base would not hold his dad's actions against him. It actually makes me more sympathetic to him, but unfortunately this is starting to sound like an all-too-familiar story. Poor kid!

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2983424;
    On April 18, the Rickey site had a story about Naomi Judd in which she confirms Jeff Archuleta is a major stage dad. The Rickey site is very pro Archuleta, so even though TMZ is a heavy gossip site, I tend to believe this story.

eta - After reading furthur, now maybe the Naomi Judd story is not true. Who knows?
    The first time Naomi said this was on the Red Carpet the night of the CMT Video awards show. She said that she &* Paula had been comparing notes about the night mare that is Davids stage dad.

Very sad that this young kid has to deal with this kind of pressure when he's already stressed enough just by virtue of being on American Idol. I saw the Today Show interview with Naomi Judd and she made no bones about it. She said Jeff Archuleta was banned from backstage and had to sit with a security person in the audience (or the viewing booth)...something along those lines.

This latest news makes me think back to something Simon said when David sang a song early on. Simon made a very pointed comment about not believing David actually chose that particular song. He said something like, "I would bet anything you didn't choose that song, but had it chosen for you by someone." David denied it, but I think Simon knew even then that Jeff Archuleta was the one pulling David's strings. Very sad indeed.

That poor young man. Makes me think of mental abuse by parents.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

It has been no secret that I just don't like DA's overall singing quality. He's too breathy, too technically rehearsed, and his lower register sucks... this article from two weeks ago just completely saddened me and sickened me at the same time, in particular the item in bold.
    There's been a lot of speculation over whether 17-year-old David Archuleta's father Jeff is an overinvolved stage dad. This Thursday morning, Papa isn't doing much to dispel the rumors as his son rehearses the Neil Diamond anthem ''America.'' ''There's too many 'Todays,''' he tells associate musical director Michael Orland of the climactic, repeated lyric, while pacing around the room. The comments continue throughout the rehearsal: ''Neil Diamond's voice is a fifth lower than his'' and ''The edit to do is 8 to 10 seconds before 'My country 'tis of thee''' and ''The beginning needs to have a U2 vibe.'' He also occasionally compliments his son, who stands silently by the mic nervously pivoting one foot on its heel. ''My dad is like my translator,'' Archuleta later says. ''I have issues explaining what I want.'' He initially wanted to perform ''I'm a Believer,'' only to see Brooke pull the song title out of the hat, and also considered ''Holly Holy,'' but the four-minute, 40-second song couldn't be condensed into the one-and-a-half-minute time limit.

His dad sits and badgers and reworks everything and then David sits there and says that his dad is just saying everything that he wants to say? I have a very difficult time believing that, as David doesn't seem to know what he wants to say nor put together a cohesive sentence without the help of his father. So I get this completed picture, now, of a completely brainwashed kid that has not been allowed to have the power of an independent thought. I feel sad for the kid, but you have to wonder how in the world he would survive in the music industry?? He's either going to lose a LOT of deals because his father is part of the package, or he is going to rebel in a MAJOR way sometime soon.

I don't think I want to see that happen in the public eye.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I don't understand why he wasn't banned in the first place. Why is anyone other than the Idol Machine involved with rehersals? Bet that is a rule next season.

And it is sad that they only banned him because he cost them money. He should have been banned way earlier than this. There is no way to judge David based on *his* performance and ability. If he is the idol, it could seriously damange the idol label.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;2984065;
    I don't understand why he wasn't banned in the first place. Why is anyone other than the Idol Machine involved with rehersals? Bet that is a rule next season.
    I wondered the same thing...the only answer I could come up with is maybe an exception has to be made for contestants who are still minors. Who knows...?

+ Reply to Thread