+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Brooke White - Season 7

Re: Brooke White - Season 7

Brooke, Brooke, Brooke. I just want to give her a hug!

I think she should be put out of her misery - clearly, performing under so much pressure is not something she is handling easily. I would be very relieved for her should she get the boot next. After all, next week will be the top 5 (right?) and the contestants will have to sing 2 songs each. I think she'd go insane having to keep her nerves in check for two performances!

I'll probably switch the channel if she starts singing her farewell song, though. "You must love me" coupled with those puppy-dog eyes...
    2003-2008.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2940901;
    I'll probably switch the channel if she starts singing her farewell song, though. "You must love me" coupled with those puppy-dog eyes...
    The thought did go through my head last night that all three who I thought were the weakest performers (Brooke, Jason, and David A) chose songs that would suck to have to sing as a farewell song. All three of them would have underlying "the journey on AI is over" messages in them.

I loved it.

The drama was great.
    And how well the voice works with the music...?
    Listen to it without the picture.

Perfection isn't everything.
    Being entertained depends on a lot of things.
    I think the heavy lyrics worked very well with the drama.
    I mean, those words were nothing to dance too.

On a lighter note.
    The drama kept her quiet after the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2940906;
    The thought did go through my head last night that all three who I thought were the weakest performers (Brooke, Jason, and David A) chose songs that would suck to have to sing as a farewell song. All three of them would have underlying "the journey on AI is over" messages in them.

My first thought when Archuleta started his song was, "And we'll be hearing that again on Wednesday." And I actually liked it better than most of what he's done -- it just reeked of doom.

But you're right -- Brooke's and Jason's choices also have Bitter Irony Sing-out Potential written all over them.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

When the season first started, I was pulling for her. She was my favorite, but lately she hasn't brought anything new and refreshing. And last night's start, stop and then start again b/c you lost the lyrics was just bad. At this stage in the competition, you shouldn't have to do that. JMO
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

She has slipped several notches in my ranking of the contestants. She seems like a sweetheart, but unfortunately that will not carry her to the end.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I think that Brooke will get the boot tonight. I feel that her confidence has just been killed and she kind of reminds me of a sad puppy right now. Although I would prefer that she stayed instead of Syesha, based on last night alone she deserves to go.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

I didn't think she was as awful as the judges seemed to think. She certainly sang it no worse than Madonna did.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

It's too bad she had this blackout 'cause she sounded really good yesterday. If we forget the beginning, I think this was vocally her best performance since first Beatles week. But at this stage of the competition, that kind of mistakes are inexcusable and I think she's in big danger. If she stays, I think she should somehow find a way to relax 'cause at this moment she seems to be so nervous it's difficult to even watch.

Too bad. Brooke is a very talented woman sabotaged by her own anxiety. I think she had to start the song over again because otherwise she would not have been able to remember any of the song. I also think her song choice was terrible (not one of Webber's best) and not her style. I won't be surprised if she leaves tonight, and I'm sure AI producers will jack up the drama about it. If she squeaks by and stays, she should immediately do some relaxation techniques and/or take meds to prepare her for next week.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread