+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Idols On The Charts

Re: Idols on the Country Charts

Here is the latest update for June 29.

With the move into Summer & the lazy crazy days that come with it, we are seeing a very lazy time on the charts for the Idols’ songs. Slow & steady seems to be the watchword.

Carrie Underwood - Last Name The song drops this week to #5. While we wait for the official adds date for Just a Dream we bide our time on Last Name. The song is beginning to pick up some steam on both AC & Top 40 formants, but they have not asked for an adds date on those formats yet either.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy remains at #14 for the second week in a row. It is still showing strong positive upward momentum, but was flummoxed this week by the new songs from Taylor Swift & Keith Urban. It isn’t done by a long shot, I’m still thinking Top 10 is possible.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk This song is not walking, but instead is just crawling upwards. It moves up 1 spot this week to come in at #36. Slow, slower, slowest.

Kellie Pickler Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful drops 2 spots this week & sits just outside the Top 40 finishing the week at #41. I’m not sure why this song seems to be having so much trouble getting traction, but maybe the next couple of weeks will show some improvement.

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream As the rumors of this being the next single become stronger, radio has begun to pick it up & it is on an upward move charting for the first time this week at #97.

Still nothing new on the horizon for Phil. In the words of John Lennon..”Most peculiar Mama.”

Here is the latest update for July 7.

Last Name has gone recurrent this week & is off the charts, but we see the emergence of the new single from Phil.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy moves up two spots this week to come in at #12. Ever so much closer to the Top 10. Go Josh.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk This song had it’s biggest move in many weeks gaining 4 spots to finish the week at #32. I’m still not quite sure what to think on this one.

Kellie Pickler Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful gains 5 spots this week & is now well into the Top 40 sitting at #36. As with Buckys’ song, it is showing some good movement. I expect, however, that Kellie will eventually catch & pass Bucky on the way upward.

Phil Stacey - Old Glory I have seen no official release for this being the second single, & I don’t know if the movement is because it has been released as a single, or because of the subject matter & the Holiday. But the song sits at #61

Carrie Underwood - Star Spangled Banner At this time every year Carries version of the National Anthem makes an appearance on the charts & this week it is at #70

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream gains 9 spots this week to come in at #88. The song becomes available to radio stations for downloads today & I expect to see some big strides upward in the next couple of weeks. Still photos have leaked to the internet from the video shoot. It looks as though they went with a retro feel & placed the time frame in the Viet Nam era.

Here is the latest update for July 14.

Ok, so here it the deal. For some unexplained reason Media Base has gone silent. They no longer provide any of this information any more. If one clicks on the links that were previously used, it gets a blank screen. So, this update, for the unknown future will come from All Access. The info provided by AA, is just a Top 50 & goes no further. Therefore, the list will be shorter….but if the response factor to this thread is any indication nobody particularly cares anyway…

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy moves closer to the coveted Top 10, by gaining another spot & finishing the week at # 11

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk, I still am unsure whether this song is going to be a big one or not. It is moving so slow as to almost be dormant. It gains 1 more spot this week & now sits at # 31

Kellie Pickler Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful gains 3 more spots this week sitting at #33. It is still looking pretty strong & I would guess the chances of Kellie passing Bucky are pretty good.

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream gains 38 spots this week,(at the lower levels of the charts, the amount of spins are a lot less & it is easier to gain a lot of ground quickly) & just makes it onto the now truncated list to sit at # 50. We are still a full week away from the official adds date so it is looking pretty good.

Due to the reduced availability of data, Phil Stacey has disappeared & isn’t in the Top 50 yet.

Don't stop ... I do check your list. Just don't always find anything to comment on!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Same here! Your hard work is appreciated.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I agree with Blues and mb...we're reading it even if we aren't commenting on it....

I don't listen to country music like I use to but I do like reading this info...

razor
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Here is the latest update for July 21.

Rumor has it that Media Base will be back sometime in the near future, but it might be on a subscription basis only. We’ll just have to wait & see. Until then though, here are the Idol’s in the Top 50. By the way, I’m glad that ya’ll like reading this stuff. Thanks.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy as I had been predicting for weeks now Josh finally moves into the Top 10 & his song comes in today at # 9. It is still showing some upward leaning tendencies so may go even further.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk, this is just an incredibly slow moving song, as it gains just 1 more spot this week to sit at # 30.

Kellie Pickler Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful gains a couple of spots this week & closes in even closer to Bucky ending the week at #32. I still believe she will pass him in the near future.

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream Today is the official adds date for this song, but it still gains 17 spots this week with a huge gain in spins & Audience Impression & is already at # 33. This is the type of song that has Grammy written all over it. I don’t think it is eligible for this years awards, but come Grammy Awards time, I can see them asking her to perform this one on the show. The radio edit has shortened the song & it comes across really nice.

Phil Stacey still isn’t in the Top 50 yet. 

Here is the latest update for July 27.

I have to work days tomorrow instead of graveyard, so this update is a day early. But, here it is anyway.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy drops 2 spots this week to #11. For the first time it is showing a pretty large negative spin count, so it may have peaked at 9..

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream after the first full week since the official adds date, Carrie new song now sits at #27, with huge positive numbers & great reviews. Looks like the top is calling.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk, drops off a spot this week & now sits at #31. Watching this song progress is like watching paint dry. You know it’s happening, but you just can't tell it.

Kellie Pickler Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful remains at #32 for the second straight week. I still don’t know what is taking so long for this song to take off, I like it, maybe radio doesn’t.

For the third week in a row Phil Stacey still isn’t in the Top 50.

Here is the latest update for August 4.

We are still toiling away with the shortened Top 50. Maybe, eventually we will get the entire Top 100 again, but until then…

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy drops another 4 spots this week & ends at #15. I presume Josh will go recurrent next week, so it’s about time for the follow up.

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream gains another 5 spots this week to come in at #22. Interestingly enough, that Kenny Chesney guy is once again nipping at her heels with his new single, so it’ll be a slug out all the way to the finish.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk, finally gains a bit of traction, having his biggest jump in weeks gaining 3 spots & sitting at #28.

Kellie Pickler Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful also gains 3 spots this week & is still right on Bucky’s heels at #29

For the fourth week in a row Phil Stacey still isn’t in the Top 50.

Here is the latest update for August 11. Top 50 only…again

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream gains another 5 spots this week to finish at #17. It looks like it’s going to be another fight for position all the way to the top with Kenny Chesney. Just a Dream, the song & the video, are getting some really great reviews. If it makes it to the top I expect multiple weeks.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy drops another 7 spots this week & ends at #22. I thought last week that he would drop off due to the recurrent rules, but I have to believe this is the final week for this song.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk, gains one spot this week to #27. As slow as he is moving, it could be a 6 month ride on the charts for Buck with this one.

Kellie Pickler Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful drops 1 spot this week to sit at #30. She is still showing positive numbers, she is just getting passed by faster rising songs from more established artists.

Once again Phil is not in the Top 50 yet, but it shouldn’t be too long for both he & Kristy Lee Cook to make an appearance. Her song goes for adds today.

As I'm writing this KLC is being played on XM16, first time I have heard it. She really sounds good. The song should do well for her.

+ Reply to Thread