+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Idols On The Charts

Re: Idols on the Country Charts

Here is the latest update for April 6.

Bucky Covington - It’s Good Us drops from #10 to #11 this week due mostly to Brad Paisleys newest passing him by. Up or down from here is not predictable at this point.

Kelli Pickler - Things that Never Cross a Man’s Mind remains at #15 for the second consecutive week. As with Bucky, the song could still move either direction, but also, as with Bucky, it is getting rather long in the tooth to move up much further.

Carrie Underwood - Last Name moves up another 4 spots this week from #23 to #19. The song has the biggest positive bullit of any song in the Top 100. I believe it is headed to the Top…another #1? It’s entirely possible.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy drops 1 spot from # 25 to #26 this week. Josh is
    still holding his own & seems to be gaining some momentum, especially since the album is now out.

Phil Stacey - If You Didn’t Love Me moves upward from #35 to #34 this week. Phil is still gaining airplay & more stations are adding the song. Now that it is officially included in the countdown shows, we may see some improvement in the future.

Carrie Underwood - The More Boys I Meet drops from #95 to #96 this week. Evidently there are some stations that really like it & are giving it just enough airplay to keep it in the Top 100.

Here is the latest update for April 14.

Carrie Underwood - Last Name moves up a whopping 8 spots this week from #19 to #11. And for the second week in a row the song has the biggest positive bullit of any song in the Top 100.

Bucky Covington - It’s Good Us drops from #11 to #15 this week & appears as though it has peaked. Still, it went Top 10 & that’s a good thing.

Kelli Pickler - Things that Never Cross a Man’s Mind drops from #15 to #19 this week. And just like Bucky, it looks like Kellies song has peaked. I’m still shocked that she didn’t sing it during her Idol appearance. No doubt it would have gotten a much needed shot in the arm.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy continues to mark time finishing at #25 this week, up one spot from last week. His album just dropped so he should be feeling some effects from that. I look for him to move up a bit more but it may be slow going.

Phil Stacey - If You Didn’t Love Me this week Phil is sitting at his highest point yet, coming in at #32. I really like this song & wish radio would get behind it more. It looks to still have some upside.

Carrie Underwood - The More Boys I Meet gains two spots this week to finish at #94. It seems as though there are two particular stations giving the song just enough spins to keep it on the charts.

Carrie Underwood - Ever Ever After, now for the surprise. This song is sitting at #97 on the Country Charts. I’m at a loss to explain it, but there you have it. It is still doing pretty well on radio Disney, but that should be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2917990;
    Here is the latest update for April 14.

Carrie Underwood - Last Name moves up a whopping 8 spots this week from #19 to #11. And for the second week in a row the song has the biggest positive bullit of any song in the Top 100.

Bucky Covington - Itís Good Us drops from #11 to #15 this week & appears as though it has peaked. Still, it went Top 10 & thatís a good thing.

Kelli Pickler - Things that Never Cross a Manís Mind drops from #15 to #19 this week. And just like Bucky, it looks like Kellies song has peaked. Iím still shocked that she didnít sing it during her Idol appearance. No doubt it would have gotten a much needed shot in the arm.

Josh Gracin - We Werenít Crazy continues to mark time finishing at #25 this week, up one spot from last week. His album just dropped so he should be feeling some effects from that. I look for him to move up a bit more but it may be slow going.

Phil Stacey - If You Didnít Love Me this week Phil is sitting at his highest point yet, coming in at #32. I really like this song & wish radio would get behind it more. It looks to still have some upside.

Carrie Underwood - The More Boys I Meet gains two spots this week to finish at #94. It seems as though there are two particular stations giving the song just enough spins to keep it on the charts.

Carrie Underwood - Ever Ever After, now for the surprise. This song is sitting at #97 on the Country Charts. Iím at a loss to explain it, but there you have it. It is still doing pretty well on radio Disney, but that should be expected.
    Razor Do you think that Bucky's appearance at the CMA awards will bring It's Good To Be Us back up any? I really like this song, so not at all surprised to see it doing well. So far I've liked everything he's put out.

I'm also surprised at Kellie not playing Things That Never... on Idol, and then she also didn't sing it on her appearance on Ellen. I wonder why she's not promoting this song more. Seems odd to me. I would think the exposure would be great for the song.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2922541;
    Razor Do you think that Bucky's appearance at the CMA awards will bring It's Good To Be Us back up any? I really like this song, so not at all surprised to see it doing well. So far I've liked everything he's put out.

I'm also surprised at Kellie not playing Things That Never... on Idol, and then she also didn't sing it on her appearance on Ellen. I wonder why she's not promoting this song more. Seems odd to me. I would think the exposure would be great for the song.
    If you are talking about the CMT awards the other night I think Bucky's appearance was so brief it may not have any effect at all. He was on & off in less than a minute, so I just can't see any benefit coming from it.
    One other thing is that the song has been on the charts so long now that he continues to be passed by newer songs from more established artists like Brad Paisley, & it took only 5 weeks for Carrie to shoot by him. I think Bucky's career is really on a good footing though & I look forward to hearing what comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2922591;
    If you are talking about the CMT awards the other night I think Bucky's appearance was so brief it may not have any effect at all. He was on & off in less than a minute, so I just can't see any benefit coming from it.
    One other thing is that the song has been on the charts so long now that he continues to be passed by newer songs from more established artists like Brad Paisley, & it took only 5 weeks for Carrie to shoot by him. I think Bucky's career is really on a good footing though & I look forward to hearing what comes next.
    CMT, CMA Yes, I meant CMT awards. Thanks for giving your opinion.

And is it just my imagination but do idol singers that don't win do better on country charts than other singers that dont' win do on other charts (their respective charts)? Every season we hear complaints about so and so being continually voted past other "better" singers, but I never seem to hear much about those singers post idol. It seems that the country fans while they vote actually than follow through with loyalty post idol.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2926934;
    CMT, CMA Yes, I meant CMT awards. Thanks for giving your opinion.

And is it just my imagination but do idol singers that don't win do better on country charts than other singers that dont' win do on other charts (their respective charts)? Every season we hear complaints about so and so being continually voted past other "better" singers, but I never seem to hear much about those singers post idol. It seems that the country fans while they vote actually than follow through with loyalty post idol.
    I can't speak about the other charts, because I don't follow them. But as to the Country fans, I'd have to say that they are more than loyal & supportive. They actually put their money where there votes are by buying the albums & they attend concerts, join fan clubs & at request their favorite stars songs on the radio all the time.

But, in the Country genre, the devotion goes both ways. In June we will have the CMA Music Fest in Nashville. It is a week long celebration of Country Music for the fans & there will be as many as 400 separate acts on hand to meet & greet, sign autographs, take photos, & perform in concert, this is also the time of year where many of them hold their Fan Club parties. The artists do all of this for free & all the proceeds go to charities. Last year there were 191,000 fans in attendance & this year looks to be going even higher. No other genre in music does this, it is an incredible week.

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar

I would just like to say that I love country music. Attending the CMA fest is a dream of mine. Some day!!

At any rate, The local country stations are already playing the heck out 'It's good to be us' and 'last name'. I haven't heard the Phil Stacey song on either station yet. 'Things that never cross a man's mind' is still in regular rotation on both of them. Also, I hear 'All American Girl' about three times more than I hear 'Last Name'. I'm really getting sick of that song!
    Praise seitan!

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBase;2927039;
    I would just like to say that I love country music. Attending the CMA fest is a dream of mine. Some day!!

At any rate, The local country stations are already playing the heck out 'It's good to be us' and 'last name'. I haven't heard the Phil Stacey song on either station yet. 'Things that never cross a man's mind' is still in regular rotation on both of them. Also, I hear 'All American Girl' about three times more than I hear 'Last Name'. I'm really getting sick of that song!
    Let me tell you, this will be my 3rd year in a row to attend the CMA event & it is just an incredible week & well worth the money. I paid $135 for floor seats for the night time shows in the stadium, all the day time concerts down by the river, & all the autograph signing sessions I could get to. It breaks down to about 50 cents per act when all is said & done.

Just as an example here is the lineup on Friday Night in the stadium, Keep in mind that this is at the end of the day & doesn't include the 26 acts that had already performed on the river front stage during the day time.

Montgomery Gentry (& there special surprise guest Ted Nugent), Sara Evans, Jason Aldean, Carrie Underwood, Little Big Town & Sugarland. Now tell me 6 acts of that stature that would show up for any other genre, play 25 to 30 minutes, not fight for closing slots & do it for free. It just isn't going to happen.

2 years ago for instance, Kenny Chesney was on tour & in NYC. But, he flew his whole band to Nashville on Friday night for the opportunity to take the stage & perform 3 songs.

If you get the chance to go, DO NOT turn it down.

Here is the latest update for April 21.

It seems as though most all the former Idols have been in a major holding pattern this week

Carrie Underwood - Last Name remains at #11 for the second consecutive week. Many songs above her are beginning to fall rapidly & should go recurrent in the next week or so, so I would think #8 by this time next is doable. Kenny Chesney is catching up rather rapidly, but he will now face the dreaded slow down as the log jam gets him as well.

Bucky Covington - It’s Good To Be Us drops from #15 to #22 this week & will be dropping from the charts entirely very soon.

Kelli Pickler - Things that Never Cross a Man’s Mind drops from #19 to #23 this week. And just like Bucky, Kellie will be dropping off the charts in the near future.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy continues to mark time finishing at #25 for the second week in a row. He is still showing positive spin rotation & could move up even more as other songs above him fall off.

Phil Stacey - If You Didn’t Love Me falls this week from #32 to #33. But, he is, like Josh, still showing positive moves. The issue with Phil’s song right now is that it is just low enough on the charts that many stations won’t play it yet. There are too many stations that won’t pick up a song until it reaches Top 30. So, at this point for every song Phil passes, he is in turn passed by new songs from more established artists.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk. I haven’t heard this song yet, but it looks as though this has been chosen as his next single. It has gotten limited airplay so far & begins it’s chart run this week at #72

Carrie Underwood - The More Boys I Meet falls from #94 to #95 this week. The song just keeps hanging on, but who knows at this point what that means.

Does anyone know if Diana Degarmo will be releasing "Right Back Where We Ended"? That's an awesome sounding song.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread