+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/1 Post-Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

I have adored Ruben ALWAYS with every song, but this one I wasnt impressed with,and I thought he was actually a little off in places,.,,,never seen him miss a note before,! In spite of that he sounded good as usual, and Clay was great as well
    "I like talking to a brick wall, it's the only thing in the world that never contradicts me. "

Josh doesn't sound as bad as I thought he would but he's just not as good a performer/singer as most of the other contestants, IMO
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I'm *not* loving Josh at all! What is up with the pointing thing? And the toe tap was not cute.... I think this is one of the weakest performances tonight, and would not doubt that he is the one to go tomorrow
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

JOSH- oh my gawdddd that was the worst EVER
    "I like talking to a brick wall, it's the only thing in the world that never contradicts me. "

After he did the first 2 "celebrate" lines, I thought he did good, but then near the end, it was almost like he was just reciting the lyrics, not really even singing them.

My ranks:
    1. Trenyce- OMG, this has to be one of my fave performances of the competition so far! Just amazing!
    2. Kimberley L- Other than the first 2 lines, which were too low, it was AWESOME- and SUCH a difficult song to sing!
    3. Clay- Good song choice, good job. But this wasn't his night to shine.
    4. Kimberly C- Did really well tonight! But the song just wasn't difficult enough. But she rocked it out.
    5. Ruben- Just okay. He did it very well, but it was such an easy song.
    6. Carmen- Just okay. One of her better performances, but still kinda screechy and vibrating. Nice one the "syncopated rhythm" part.
    7. Rickey- Painful.
    8. Josh- Even more painful.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Bottom three tonight IMO....

Josh
    Rickey
    probably Carmen, but I like her and thought she did pretty good tonight...

I think that Josh should be the one to go tomorrow
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Originally posted by Gizmo82
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this song, and she is doing really well with it... but can it really be considered disco? Whitney wasn't even around when disco was
    That song was originally done by Chaka Khan, then covered by Whitney.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I think that I would rank them the exact same way Aeota... couldn't agree with your comments more!

Man alive - I just started cringing when I heard Josh's song choice even before he started singing. Country and disco really don't mesh anyway, but singing Celebration? Oy vey - not a good plan.

Much as I love Josh, I do believe he's earned a spot in the bottom three. I didn't dig Carmen, and although I liked Rickey, someone's gotta be the third in the bottom three, and I think he's it - it's not any of the others.

Clay, I loved. Trenyce, I really liked, although I hate the song. Ruben was good, but he just sang it straight - where was the Ruben flair??

Simon has a major stick up the rump problem tonight.

+ Reply to Thread