+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Voting - Manipulation/Questions/Comments

I Love Monkey Island! lisalisagreen's Avatar
    I am voting for Clay. I have 30 so far tonight, but I will probably throw in a few more for him!!

I was just sick. I watched the show and then watched a little tv with the kids. Then got them to bed and just realized I didnt vote!!!! Its been off over 2 hours now. Im too late.
    I hope Ruben can live without my usual 20 votes.

I voted about 50 times for Clay, my top choice this week. I guess you CAN vote more than once? Never really knew for sure. I vote for who I think is the best - no pity votes from me, or votes to help someone else out other than my number one for the week. Like I don't say to myself that X will be safe this week so I'll vote for Y instead. Just numero uno gets my votes!
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

I voted for Trenyce once I could get through. I was actually really happy that I couldn't get through for the first hour. I was a little worried about her after last night's show, but I'm sure she'll get through
    *Megan*
    http://www.stephanieschultz.tk

FORT Newbie
    I VOTED 20 TIMES FOR RUBEN BECAUSE I THINK HE DESERVES TO WIN. GO RUBEN!
    Sweet Home Alabama

FORT Fan
    How do they tally the votes? It sucks that they allow people to vote more than once.

FORT Fogey
    I voted about ten times each for Kim L. (my #2), Trenyce (my #3), and Rickey (my #5), because I knew Ruben (my #1) and Clay (my #4) were safe. Once the undeserving people are gone, I will start voting for my #1, but I don't want somebody I really like to go before somebody whose vocal abilities I question. Of course, I really like all of my top five and find them all deserving!

All three numbers I called were busy from 8-8:30 or so, then they were completely clear as well... I'm thinking maybe the American Idol people forgot to turn on the phones or something. Maybe they're fixing the votes and only turning on the numbers for certain people on time... Just a thought, since I think most people think the producers and judges are somehow trying to finagle the votes in the direction they want. Just a thought...

FORT Fogey
    It's too bad people are permitted to vote more than once...

Yet another flaw with the current system is that each week is almost meaningless. According to a poll at American Idol's official page, somewhere around 85% (depending on when you checked, it was 83% and 87% the two times I checked) of viewers said they had already DECIDED who their "American Idol" was.

This means that the performances each week have very little relevance. The top people are always going to have their fans voting for them, and the person to get the least votes is somewhat random. It is not a reflection of how people thought the contestants performed that week.

If we were voting people *OFF* the show each week, then everyone's performance *WOULD* matter. The top people would be pretty safe (unless they majorly tanked) because of their huge fan bases who would never vote against them.

What you would then have was people voting for whichever of the "bottom tier" folks had the worst performance that week.

I am no fan of Julia, but she did not deserve to get the boot this week. This was her BEST WEEK by far, and she was better than a significant number of people. But since her popularity has waned and she had bad weeks in the past, once her fan base was the smallest she was doomed.

She could have been the best one of the bunch last week and she still would have lost.
    -Michael

Threshold RPG - Our World, Your Imagination

http://www.thresholdrpg.com

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by Azure
    AI could keep it's original format and claim that 14 million voted, etc. The bottom three could perform at the elimination show (which would make it a "show" and not a "farce") and people could then vote to eliminate the worst performer which could simply be announced at the following regular show. No need for this person to be humiliated in front of millions and we would be spared a last bad performance.
    That's a good idea. However, if the American Idol producers got it, they would figure out some way to bastardize it. Then, they show would probably be on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Actually, they would probably like that idea...

+ Reply to Thread