+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanjaya Malakar - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by TNKY;2246290;
    I'm not getting the appeal of Sanjaya. He's probably one of the most popular males this season but to me he's just another Will Makar or Kevin Covais. A lot of personality, average voice. Am I missing something?
    His voice is much, much better than average, no way is he in the same league as Kevin or Will.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    His voice was okay for me, but the song was so darn boring. I wish he would have picked a different one
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    He is very "green" at performing. He is so young and so inexperienced compared to the other guys. But he has a lot of appeal and a lot of potential. I hope he is back next week.

I thought his performance last night was very "blah". Vocally he was just OK, and performance-wise, it was quite boring. I think he was only better than Sundance and maybe Rudy.

I am not sure he has the personality for this type of competition. He does not handle any of the interviews very well at all...it is almost as if his knees are trembling everytime there is a microphone in front of him.

Maybe with time that will change, if he sticks around.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;2243704;
    He doesn't do anything for me, personally, but I think he'll breeze into the Top 12 and will very likely go pretty far once he makes it to that point. He'll get the "old lady/grandma" vote.
    Oh I think he will get a lot of votes from the teen and tween girls too!

I think he has one of the best voices in the competition but I agree he could have picked a less drowsy song.
    Last edited by Musicantica; 02-21-2007 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musicantica;2250286;
    I think he has one of the best voices in the competition but I agree he could have picked a less drowsy song.

I love this kid; just think he picked the wrong song. He does sing Stevie Wonder well, so why didn't he pick one of his best songs? It was not him, but the song.

I can't believe they blasted him for singing Stevie, when it was a Stevie song that got him past the first audition.

That said, I was bored with it. La la la... sing something at least a LITTLE difficult. My 9 year old could have sung that song.

FORT Fogey
    I really can't stand this little girly boy!!! He's just so irritating and his vocals were horrendous last night. I hope he's off my tv screen ASAP!!!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;2243704;
    He doesn't do anything for me, personally, but I think he'll breeze into the Top 12 and will very likely go pretty far once he makes it to that point. He'll get the "old lady/grandma" vote.
    Don't forget the Indian vote, that's been previously untapped, and the vote that includes me: "middle-aged mother of boys".
    "Aww...such a nice boy... crying when his sister was eliminated... his mother must be so proud...I think I'll vote this time...son, go get me the phone"

Ya know who he reminds me of ?........

Don't kill me for this.....lol. But he kinda reminds me of a young Donny Osmond when he sings. (the way D.O. sang and danced/moved when he was younger and with his family singing, even on that show) I know it sounds corny......but that is who I first thought of last night when he sang. lol.

+ Reply to Thread