+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simon's Bashing of the Producers

It will be interesting if they continue to manipulate the show to keep an even number of males and females...if that is the case, then look for a guy to go next week. *Please, please let it be Corey so I will never have to hear him sing again*
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

FORT Regular
    I was hoping the producers would be above manipulating the selection process, but then again, this is TV, so I guess anything goes. What Bravofan said makes sense.

spegs, I couldn't agree more. Though I think Corey's look is good and very American Idol-ish, his voice is something I just can't get used to. It's just too high and usually sends me out of the room until he's done. The Motown lyricist Lamont Dozier was being way kind when he compared him to Smokey Robinson, whose voice I really like.

In retrospect, I have to say that it's a shame that Frenchie was disqualified. Maybe if she hadn't been, the producers wouldn't have to resort to manipulation and she'd be in the top 12 instead of ______ (fill in the blank). She sings head and shoulders above Carmen, imo.
    Last edited by bayika; 03-14-2003 at 01:15 PM.

Spegs I thought I was the only one who didn't like Corey.

I like him but, when he sang it kinda hurt my ears. Too high pitched.....
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Mitsuaami
    *ears hurt from Corey's last performance*

I hope he goes NEXT!!

Who does everyone think Simon should've chosen if he hadn't chosen Carmen? I think he would've chosen Nasheka or Janine.

I would say Nasheka or Chip.

Simon clearly didn't like Chip so that was never on the cards though.

I think Nasheka sang much better than Carmen, but Carmen seems to have more of a personality.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sleeping with George W
    I think Chip Days was far better than Carmen. But Simon obviously disliked Chip from the start, so I'm pretty sure hell would have frozen over before he'd pick Chip.

FORT Regular
    I agree w/ Eden...Chip was a far better singer than Carmen. Personally, I prefer Chip's voice over Corey Clark's.

Sleeping with George W
    Well ... I hope Simon keeps bashing the producers, because now that I've enjoyed my first episode of Nashville Star, I have to say the production values of AI now seem pretty lackluster to me. I'll still watch both shows, but Simon is right about those stupid backgrounds and the predictable goofy scripting.

FORT Fogey
    I heard that Simon was miffed with the Producers because he was asked not to be so harsh on the contestants.

As far as I'm concerned, Simon IS the show. He is hilarious and is just giving these people a mild dose of what they will get later on if they are serious about staying in the "business."

Corey Clark is an obnoxious over-hyped moron with a minor voice. Kim C. is a phoney. The only ones worth their salt, in my estimation, are Clay, Trenyce and maybe Ruben -- although I don't think he's all that!

"Who does everyone think Simon should've chosen if he hadn't chosen Carmen? I think he would've chosen Nasheka or Janine."

I thought it was going to be Janine. They showed a clip of her screaming like she won. Tricky tricky......
    I thought it should have been until Carmen performed. I was surprised how good she was.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast