+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

Re: Jordin Sparks - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;2324708;
    ....while typing on my computer i listened to Jordins performance from last night.
    And it was............bad , like annoying and shrieky.

Try it out , listen to the song without watching the performance , best on a headphone.
    It`s really terrible. I was surprised too.

And after that....you will hear the judges ; raving and praising.
    They are so biased and full of ----.
    If they know so much about music they should have caught on to that.
    I thought she was off too. I won't be surprised if she's in the Bottom 3 or goes home. I've liked her the most of the girls, but not last night. She better hopes she squeaks through, because I really think she's in danger of riding off into the sunset with Daughtry singing "Home" as she waves Goodbye.

FORT Fogey

I'd also agree that this was a weak performance for her - and it really surprised me. I thought that both her song, and the theme of the week, were the kind that would benefit from performers who could really show their personality through their songs. I expected her to sail through this week, and I was really surprised when she was so ... dull.

I thought Jordin was going to be one of those contestants that slowly build over the competition into a potential star by the end. But she has been backsliding for a few weeks now ... poor song choices and weak performances.

Can we ban Gloria Estefan songs from Latin week from now on? They always sound like Kareoke and are very limited in terms of vocals. Jordin tried to crowbar in some money notes into that song, but it just sounded out of place in the arrangement.

The good news for her is that the judges love her (evidence is the praise last night) because they see her as one of the few marketable contestants left. Maybe she can figure "it" out and turn it around.

I thought Jordin sounded okay last night, just not interesting. I found that most of the contestants were not able to get the Latin-exuberance groove on.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic;2324985;
    I thought Jordin was going to be one of those contestants that slowly build over the competition into a potential star by the end. But she has been backsliding for a few weeks now ... poor song choices and weak performances.
    Can we ban Gloria Estefan songs from Latin week from now on? They always sound like Kareoke and are very limited in terms of vocals. Jordin tried to crowbar in some money notes into that song, but it just sounded out of place in the arrangement.

The good news for her is that the judges love her (evidence is the praise last night) because they see her as one of the few marketable contestants left. Maybe she can figure "it" out and turn it around.
    Mmm I thought she was excellent last week, grooved it pretty good a couple of weeks ago and spectacular the week before that. This is the only time I thought one of her performances was missing that spark. We're only at the top 8 there are going to be some hits and misses now and then.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

The Next Lost Housewives fayewong's Avatar

even kelly clarkson has her hits and misses.
    but somehow i think natural woman kinda nailed it for her.

i hope the top 12 and 11 performace nail it for Jordin

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;2325508;
    Mmm I thought she was excellent last week, grooved it pretty good a couple of weeks ago and spectacular the week before that. This is the only time I thought one of her performances was missing that spark. We're only at the top 8 there are going to be some hits and misses now and then.

I agree. Jordin has been fantastic for several weeks. Since she avoided being in the bottom three after the terrible Latin week (terrible for most contestants), she has a very good chance of winning the competition. I still think she's the best overall contestant--in technical and performing skills--I've ever seen on AI.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-12-2007 at 01:30 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I don't think she's the best they EVER had, but I do think she's the most talented teenager they've ever had and she is marketable.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Jordin is now my absolute favorite of the bunch. Love her voice. She's very much on key, and has beautiful control of her voice. She looks cute every week, and seems to be able to sing many different styles of songs.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Well then prepare yourself, because I'm going to point out the number of pages devoted to Jordin (12)and suggest you look at how many pages Sanjaya has (66) and Melinda (39).
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread