+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Joshua Gracin

Originally posted by caliqueen16
    Somewhere around here I read that disco week was coming back this week. I hope that's true because I'm really looking forward to that
    It is caliqueen

Paula said so on ET earlier in the week.
    Should be good
    "That's Numberwang!"

I can't imagine the winner of the show will be required to record a country rock song to be released as a single or as part of an album, however popular the genre is.

Most people interpretted the theme very loosely last week anyway.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    I like how each cpntestant had a "comfort zone". See, Trenyce did bad when it was Josh and Carmen's "zone". But, when it's Trenyce's "zone", it's a challenge for Josh Carmen. *I just used these people as examples.

This way, we get to see how many different genres our soon to be American Idol (s) can sing.

-Rach

FORT Regular
    I'm not sure whether or not i quite like the "themes" each week. yes, it keeps the show entertaining, but will the contestants really have to sing movie tunes/disco/country on their c.d? I think its quite unfortunate if a specific theme hurts a contestant, when really they would never have to sing that again.

That's why i dont let the theme affect my voting. If they were good before, I'm going to keep voting because I know what they are capable of.
    ~Brit

I really like Joshua. I still prefer Clay and Ruben and Kim L. (as of last week) and Trenyce (from the two weeks before last)-- but Josh has a certain sparkle... he sings with (as I've said on a million other boards, I swear) such EARNESTNESS and Heart. He's not the best singer, but he is an endearing performer. He's got that "regular guy" thing going for him... plus, I think Americans have a kitschy, patriotic need for him to do well-- and I don't think that's a bad thing. It's simply a nice thing to see. He's not the best, but he's going for gold...

I think Josh is terribly consistent... his best is quite good, and his worst isn't too bad. I bet he'll go farther than many anticipate. I have him going as far as the top 3 or 4, no less than the top 5.

Another thing, he never looks scared out there. He has as much composure and confidence as Clay when he walks on stage.
    He literally sings his heart out, even if he looks a little dopey doing his little white-man-groove thing half-crouched... I like him.
    I vote for him. I wish him well. And that damn cute baby.

I thought his effort last week was bad, but then I don't really like that song anyway.

He seemed to be enjoying himself though which was good to see as I do think he seems a really nice guy.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re:Josh and his "Idol" status

Forgive me, if this needs to be moved to the Josh thread, I'll understand.

I am sitting here with my local paper and there is an article in by Julie Hinds for the Knight Ridder Newspapers concerning the debate of Josh being on AI or going overseas. Towards the end of the article she states that "There's always a chance Josh could be sent overseas. If that happens, "Idol" producers have promised he can return as an automatic finalist next season."

I have looked all over the web for this articl so I could post a link. I went to my local papers web site and the don't have this article, only articles pertaining to AI ratings and Corey's problem. If anyone finds a link for this artice "Idol fans debate whether contestants should be on duty, could you post it? Has anyone else heard if this is indeed true? Would FOX/AI put him in the finals regardless of the talent they find at the time?

RC

My opinion on Josh....

The military will NOT deploy him anywhere, even if HE himself wanted to go with his unit... It just will NOT happen.

He will be a symbol (Like he isn't already) for the Marines and the military. He will be their new posterboy, and it's good publicity for the Marines, plain and simple. Either way it's not his fault, so everyone stop dwelling on the subject.

+ Reply to Thread