+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Larry King Show

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/larry.king.live/

Thursday's show

Taylor Hicks and Fantasia Barrino
    Two former "American Idol" winners together: Taylor Hicks and Fantasia Barrino. Who do they think the new "American Idol" will be? Tune in Thursday at 8 p.m. ET.

E-mail your questions for Taylor Hicks and Fantasia Barrino

Um, I think it's a little too early to predict who will win this season. We don't even know who the final 12 will be.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2207052;
    I find some very strange things going on here at the start of Taylors post Idol career. First TPTB release new albums by Kellie & Chris before Taylor. Granted there may be many reasons for doing so, but it has never happened before. Then when they do finally release his album, they do so without either a confirmed single for radio to glom onto, or a video for the music stations to play. And now, in the face of some really sad sales figures, when Taylor should be all over the place promoting his album & himself, he is taking a long weekend to play in a golf tournament. This all seems to be very weird to me.
    I don't know Razor, I think by Taylor's attending the golf tourney he can reach a whole new audience. He'll get air time with Alice Cooper and Glen Cambell as partners. (What an odd pairing that is!) Both of these singers are well established and could open new doors for Taylor.

It was Taylor's choice to wait until after the tour to start his album. In hindsight, it may have backfired, but at least he's letting folks at E19 that he's his own man. There will be no pushing him into a uncomfortable niche!

P.S. I went to Ellen's site and couldn't find Taylor's CD that she said we could buy through her. I emailed the webmaster to find out what's up. I'll keep you all posted.

Love ya' Razor!

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2207273;
    I don't know Razor, I think by Taylor's attending the golf tourney he can reach a whole new audience. He'll get air time with Alice Cooper and Glen Cambell as partners. (What an odd pairing that is!) Both of these singers are well established and could open new doors for Taylor.

It was Taylor's choice to wait until after the tour to start his album. In hindsight, it may have backfired, but at least he's letting folks at E19 that he's his own man. There will be no pushing him into a uncomfortable niche!

P.S. I went to Ellen's site and couldn't find Taylor's CD that she said we could buy through her. I emailed the webmaster to find out what's up. I'll keep you all posted.

Love ya' Razor!
    This tournament is being televised on The Golf Channel, no national networks are involved. Unless, your cable supplies you with the Golf Channel you won't see it either. All 5 rounds are on one of the smaller cable networks. But, coverage does begin today at 3pm est.

NPR Review

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=6874470

For those of you that haven't heard a sample of Taylor's new CD...here is your chance. If you click on "listen" you will hear the review and a sample of the her choice songs from the CD. She obviously likes Taylor's originals better than the more Pop style songs.

Razor, from what I have read Taylor loves golf and I'm sure this was an opportunity that he didn't want to pass on. I did just read that Glen Campbell has back out and Olympic skating champion Scott Hamilton will be taking his place.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2207284;
    This tournament is being televised on The Golf Channel, no national networks are involved. Unless, your cable supplies you with the Golf Channel you won't see it either. All 5 rounds are on one of the smaller cable networks. But, coverage does begin today at 3pm est.
    Razor...I had mentioned before that I had a crappy cable system when I said I couldn't get the TV Guide Channel but guess what I do get??? Yep, you got it...I get the Golf channel!!!

Now I've got to remember to tape it....I never thought there would come a day when I would tape a GOLF tournament!!! Don't get me wrong...I like to watch golf but it is not something I thought I would record!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2207392;
    Razor...I had mentioned before that I had a crappy cable system when I said I couldn't get the TV Guide Channel but guess what I do get??? Yep, you got it...I get the Golf channel!!!

Now I've got to remember to tape it....I never thought there would come a day when I would tape a GOLF tournament!!! Don't get me wrong...I like to watch golf but it is not something I thought I would record!
    It's on live right now, but they will be showing a replay tonight at 9pm est.. They will be televising at the same time everyday, both for the live shows as well as the replays.

This golf event could lead to the mother of all celebrity events: The Crosby Pro-Am. There's some awesome talent that participate in that one, Huey Lewis (and the News) among them. Now if we could just figure out how to get Taylor invited.......

Certified Platinum

http://www.prnewswire.com/news/index...4507894&EDATE=

American Idol Champ Taylor Hicks' Self Titled Debut Album is Certified Platinum by the RIAA!

The first single, 'Just To Feel That Way,' goes to radio this week
    Hicks begins his first headlining U.S. tour on February 21st.

NEW YORK, Jan. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- American Idol's current reigning
    champion Taylor Hicks is now a platinum recording artist. His self-titled
    debut album TAYLOR HICKS (Arista Records/19 Recordings) was certified
    platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America selling over one
    million copies since its release on December 12, 2006.
    Hicks has reached this coveted platinum milestone prior to the release
    of an official single. The first single, "Just To Feel That Way," goes to
    radio this week.
    To ring in the New Year Hicks will also kick off his first headlining
    tour on Wednesday, February 21st, in Jacksonville, Florida at the Florida
    Theater with dates currently scheduled to run through April 27th in Kansas
    City, MO. This is the first time fans will be able to see him perform songs
    from the new album in a live venue.
    After a lifetime steeped in blues, soul, pop and R&B, Taylor's artistry
    was reaffirmed and validated in no uncertain terms this past year, when he
    won the fifth season of FOX's American Idol on May 24, 2006.

SOURCE Arista Records

Finally the single will be released

There were no Taylor sightings on todays Golf coverage. So if you didn't watch, don't worry & don't record it.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM