+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

That's the only site I know is legit as well, roses4me.

On the Tyler site, it talks about a Tennessee business man named Gerald Dodd who started this site. If you google his name, you only get radiologist and a minister. Plus, there isn't any info on the Tyler Music Group itself. They also place this disclaimer on their "interview" with Taylor's ex-producer:

DISCLAIMER:
    Producer, William Smith requested we not use these articles. The articles regarding William Smith and Taylor Hicks are a matter of public record and we are allowed to use them. At Mr. Smith’s request, he wanted us to inform you he has no current affiliation with The Tyler Music Group, Taylor Hicks, American Idol and all its affiliate companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharrhys View Post
    You know what, I remember reading on another website that the Tyler Music Group was a scammer site. They were trying to sell something of Taylor's in the past and people were saying it was a scam.
    Oh, that sucks, since I ordered the "free" cd earlier today
    I'll let you know what happens. But I would think that if it was a big scam, Paypal would suspend their account.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    Oh, that sucks, since I ordered the "free" cd earlier today
    I'll let you know what happens. But I would think that if it was a big scam, Paypal would suspend their account.
    Yes, please let us know what happens. You may just get a CD, but whether they have the permission of Taylor and company is the question.

Yes, please let us know what happens. You may just get a CD, but whether they have the permission of Taylor and company is the question.
    Is the Tyler Music Group offering a "free" CD? I thought it was just an mp3 of "The Fall," which is not on "Under The Radar."

Even so, it would be nice to know they have Taylor's permission to distribute that song. I think I have a link where you can listen to it but not save it to your hard drive. I know I've heard the song, and it's very good.

ETA: I found the link and PMd it to a couple people. It's not the whole song, but you can get a good idea of how the song sounds.
    Last edited by Grisabella; 07-08-2006 at 02:40 AM.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Thanks for the link, you're a sweetheart, but I couldn't download for free.

Perhaps we can get Taylor's former record company to release it as a single. Any ideas folks? Let's get organized. Now I know the mods said we can't do petitions here, I'm just asking if it's a good idea.

I ordered the free CD too. Do you need the artist's permission to give something away for free?

I hope it's legit, but if not, I'm only out the shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by LrcLinda View Post
    I ordered the free CD too. Do you need the artist's permission to give something away for free?
    You sure do.
    I mean, if you buy 10 copies of a CD you can give them all away. No problem. But you can't legally buy 1 copy, burn 10 copies and give those away without the copyright holder's permission. Nor can you legally post copyrighted material such as a song or album cut on the web -- free or otherwise -- without obtaining the appropriate permissions.

Since a couple of Taylor's main fansites are the ones helping people download "The Fall" -- a song from his out-of-print CD "In Your Time" -- I imagine he has given the OK. But I don't really know. I do know that the song is being played on some radio stations in the south, and Taylor could make them stop doing that if he wanted to. (Can't imagine why he'd want to though.)

If any site is selling or giving away copies of "In Your Time," they are almost certainly bootleg copies, unless Taylor very recently arranged to republish that CD. I'm not sure his AI contract would allow him to do that at this point. IYT has been out of 'print' for some time now and some people who bought it way back when are asking big bucks for it on Amazon.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

My FREE CD!

I got my free CD today, and it's everything I expected. I just didn't expect to get it as quickly as I did! It has 'The Fall', 'In Your Time', and 'Son of a Carpenter' on it. It says it's produced by Will Smith, Tyler Music Group, www.tylermusicgroup.com, and it was produced June 8, 2001.

All I paid for it was shipping. So, that offer is legitimate and the CD is great!

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,19470,00.html

As for Birmingham, producers likely hold high hopes for auditioners there. Reigning champ Taylor Hicks hails from the Soul Patrol-harboring locale, as did season two Idol winner Ruben Studdard and season four runner-up Bo Bice.

"Because that's where so many of our Idols have come from, that's a must," exec producer Nigel Lythgoe told USA Today. "If they paid us a visit, we must pay them."

Auditions again will be open to contestants of both inspiring and exceedingly questionable talent, with the age restrictions again limiting tryout slots to people ages 16-28. The age limit was bumped up from 26 to 28 two years ago and with fortuitous results: Hicks barely made the new cut, having been 28 at the time of his audition last fall and taking home the crown at the ripe old age of 29.
    Bulk of the article is about the audition cities for the next season of American Idol.
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by LrcLinda View Post
    I got my free CD today, and it's everything I expected. I just didn't expect to get it as quickly as I did! It has 'The Fall', 'In Your Time', and 'Son of a Carpenter' on it. It says it's produced by Will Smith, Tyler Music Group, www.tylermusicgroup.com, and it was produced June 8, 2001.

All I paid for it was shipping. So, that offer is legitimate and the CD is great!
    Grrr. I haven't received mine yet. Maybe it will be in my mailbox today. That's great news, LrcLinda. It makes me feel hopeful that I'll have more Taylor music soon! Woohoo!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM