+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

I don't know about the rest of you, but it has been an adjustment getting used to TV since the end of American Idol. I really miss the performances by the contestants, especially Taylor's.

ISSUE DATE: 2006-07-01
    Hot 100
    #1 Do I Make You Proud
    Taylor Hicks
    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/genre_index.jsp

Reported from various boards:

Second Week sales:
    Physical copies: 84,833
    Digital downloads: 32,581

Total sales for week two: 117,414

#1 in Billboard Commercial Singles
    #19 in Billboard Hot Digital Singles
    still holding at #15 on AC radio chart

I really have no idea what these numbers mean....anyone?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella
    I say, go for it, Taylor. You're hot now, but if you got back close to your college freshman weight (or girth) from that diet and pumping iron regimen, you'd even win over a lot of the naysayers, I think.
    Not a chance in hell! I'm a Taylornaysayer for life!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Hey, Maveno, I didn't say "ALL Taylor naysayers," I said "a lot."
    Quote Originally Posted by wisgalb View Post
    ISSUE DATE: 2006-07-01
    Hot 100
    #1 Do I Make You Proud
    Taylor Hicks
    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/genre_index.jsp

Reported from various boards:

Second Week sales:
    Physical copies: 84,833
    Digital downloads: 32,581

Total sales for week two: 117,414

#1 in Billboard Commercial Singles
    #19 in Billboard Hot Digital Singles
    still holding at #15 on AC radio chart

I really have no idea what these numbers mean....anyone?
    It means the CD single sold 84,833 hard copies and 32,581 digital downloads. I take it the Digital Downloads figure is for the "album single" - dowloading both songs together.

The Taylor song that's on the AC chart has got to be DIMYP?, not TIttS, and that's based on airplay alone.

Taylor also has TWO - count 'em - two songs in the Billboard Hot 100 chart this week!

DIMYP? is #3 (down from #1 last week) and TIttS is #92 (up from #94 last week).

I've alse been seeing his Ford commercials (at least 3 different ones) a lot, and I think they're great!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1535017/20060623/hicks__taylor.jhtml?headlines= true

Taylor Dusts Off Harmonica, Kellie Puts Country Spin On 'Grease' For 'Idol' Tour
    — Corey Moss

06.26.2006 6:00 AM EDT

Chris Daughtry and runner-up Katharine McPhee were absent from Thursday's rehearsals, but winner Taylor Hicks was present and coughing up more than anyone else about his American Idols Live set.

"Expect some vintage rock and roll. I'll probably do some Beatles, some obscure Beatles," Hicks said. "And Kat, I love singing with her. I'll do some stuff with other people. Harmonica, of course. I'll be playing a lot of guitar. On the show I wasn't allowed to be an instrumentalist. Now I'm free as an artist, and I'm very excited about that."

----

(For the full story, click the link. That's the only section with Taylor in it though. )
    Last edited by Tickety; 06-29-2006 at 03:13 AM.
    2003-2008.

A little over 117,000 total sale for Taylor Hicks, very good, not bad at all.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    I haven't seen any of Taylor's Ford commercials on TV yet But I have hope that they'll show up soon here in my area.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl73 View Post
    I haven't seen any of Taylor's Ford commercials on TV yet But I have hope that they'll show up soon here in my area.
    I've seen the commerical almost every day in California, at least once. My sister sees it every day, says she's tired of seeing him, not me..........I never tire of seeing Taylor!

FORT Newbie
    Hey, graycat, I'm in CA too and I see it about 5 times a day. Maybe I watch too much TV! On an interview I saw with Taylor yesterday, he said he's tired of seeing himself too! Not me!

I'm in Northern California and the commercial has aired only a few times. Whenever I hear the beginning notes I stop and watch him. He's worth it!

That jingle might make a good single.

I left and went to read Yahoo entertainment news and lo & behold another article about Taylor! It's cute. Here it is:

Childhood Crush Responds to Taylor Hicks
    Thursday June 29 11:17 AM ET

Two weeks after Taylor Hicks discussed his first crush as a young boy, the woman from his past has contacted People magazine.

The "American Idol" winner told People in a recent interview that he never forgot his first crush: "I was in the second grade; she was in the sixth." He added that ever since, he's always liked older women.

After reading the article, the woman, Christy Lee Worsham, called People. She's now married, and was surprised she had made such an impact on Hicks.

"He was such a fun kid," Worsham, 32, said. "I'm married. But I'd like to reconnect. He was like a brother to me."

Hicks, 29, was ranked as the "hottest bachelor" by People earlier this month. He then said he was on the lookout for another love interest: a mystery blond woman he briefly exchanged glances with on an airline flight.

A spokeswoman for People, who set up an e-mail and mailing address to help track her down, said Thursday there had been no luck yet.

This is the llink, although the article is copied in full here:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20060629/115160502000.html
    Last edited by roses4me; 06-29-2006 at 07:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM