+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

I got the new people magazine with him on the cover- not a huge fan of him, but it had a pic of him from highschool, and he had dark hair and was about 30-40 lbs. lighter- what a CUTIE! He needs to get a little more fit, and his sex appeal will go through the roof!
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11 View Post
    Got these stats from gray charles, cool!

Posted by BKS on the Pulse.

Here is the breakdown:
    Commercial Single (Physical) - 184,142
    Commercial Single (Digital) - 6,005
    Digital Single - 37,799
    TOTAL - 227,946

Also, Taking It To The Streets sold another 11,184 this week.

Apparently that is enough to make him #1 on the Hot 100.
    DIMYP is #1 on both the BB Hot 100 and the BB Pop 100 charts this week, according to www.billboard.com (not the airplay-only charts), and the CD single DIMPY/TITTS is - not surprisingly - #1 on the Singles Sales Chart too. (It has a good chance of staying high on that chart for a while, maybe even at #1, unless Kat's My Destiny/Over The Rainbow bumps him down (which it's likely to do, since her single won't be released till next week and it has 2 songs that are not on the AI5 compilation album.)

[QUOTE]
    To Compare:
    This puts him 3rd best AI Winner. 4th overall.

First Week Sales

KELLY CLARKSON
    Single - 236K
    Album - 297K
    +20%

JUSTIN
    Single - ?? Don’t think he got one
    Album - 54K

CLAY
    Single - 393K
    Album - 613K
    +36%

RUBEN
    Single - 286K
    Album - 416K
    +31%

FANTASIA
    Single - 145K
    Album - 240K
    +40%

DIANA
    Single - 65K
    Album - 47K
    -27%

BO BICE
    Single - 106K
    Album - 227K (actually 227,957)*
    +53%

CARRIE
    Single - 170K
    Album - 315K
    +47%
    Yes, those stats are only for first-week sales.

But what are the +/- %?? They don't make sense to me. Carrie's 170k is "+47%" but Clay's 393k is only "+36%"? Percent of what??

*A rounding error like that makes me want to see the actual #s, not questionably rounded off figures. I know Clay's TITN/BOTW sold about 392,850 copies its first week, which rounds to 393k. But there's no way Bo's 227,957 copies should be rounded downwards to 227k.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

Seems Taylor's really going for the brass ring now that he's been given his big chance. Not only is he schmoozin' and cruisin' with rappers and rockers and doing the Ford ad campaign and posing for photoshoots at People, but he's determined to drop about 20 lb and buff up.

Taylor Hicks Tune Up: American Idol Begins Work Out Regime

I say, go for it, Taylor. You're hot now, but if you got back close to your college freshman weight (or girth) from that diet and pumping iron regimen, you'd even win over a lot of the naysayers, I think.

Dancing along the border of turbulence and order
    Taylor was on Jay Leno last night. I taped it, and I'll write an update once I've seen it.

Dancing along the border of turbulence and order
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    I got the new people magazine with him on the cover- not a huge fan of him, but it had a pic of him from highschool, and he had dark hair and was about 30-40 lbs. lighter- what a CUTIE! He needs to get a little more fit, and his sex appeal will go through the roof!
    Did you see the part where they're looking for Taylor's mystery lady? He saw her at the airport, and their eyes locked. They gave a website to send info if you are the person.

*sigh* Dayum. I haven't been to an airport in months! How could he possibly have seen me?

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    His performance on Leno last night was awesome!! Loved the sax, it really added something extra to the song. And Tay got more couch time!! I love that Jay really seems to be a fan, it's so cute how they tease about their hair.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_conten t_id=1002725624

Hicks Heads Straight To No. 1 On Hot 100

June 21, 2006, 12:00 PM ET

Katie Hasty, N.Y.

Season five "American Idol" winner Taylor Hicks' "Do I Make You Proud" will debut on the top of the Billboard Hot 100 to be published tomorrow (June 22) on Billboard.com. The silver-haired Alabama native moved 190,000 physical singles and another 38,000 digital downloads of the track, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Three of the previous four "Idol" winners have also nabbed the top spot. Carrie Underwood's "Inside Your Heaven" sold a combined 169,000 in its first full week last year. Fantasia's "I Believe" moved 142,000 and Kelly Clarkson sold 236,000 of "A Moment Like This."

Season two runner-up Clay Aiken scored the No. 1 spot with "This Is the Night" with a whopping 393,000, staving off the winner Ruben Studdard's "Flying Without Wings" (286,000).

As previously reported, Hicks is currently recording for his 19 Recordings/Arista debut, which is slated for release this fall.

"I'm really excited," Hicks told Billboard.com. "There's gonna be some really, really great things on the album. I've got some secret stuff that I'm completely stoked about and I know everybody else will be, too."
    2003-2008.

Taylor was awsome on Leno last night. I agree that the sax added some interest to the song. Taylor always tries to find a different way to sing the song, which he has to perform so many times!

Yeah, he and Jay and Kevin got on famously last night. I loved it when Kevin drew a moustache on Taylor's face (on the CD cover) while Taylor was going over to sing.
    And the banter between (oops! I almost said "Tay and Jailer!") Jay and Taylor about the "ideal woman" was really funny. Plus Taylor seems to have gotten a tan (fake, I hope) and lost a few lb. already. He looked fantastic! Sounded great too.

He probably got some sun while he was in B'ham, since, he said he could have stayed in Beverly Hills by the pool, but, wanted to come home for Dad's Day. Don't see him as a spray tanner.

Loved the JayTay show! Wouldn't it be fun to have an mp3 of each idol tour performance of DIMYP - all 60? Bet, the song wouldn't sound the same once!
    Sing & dance the night away!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM