+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Taylor looked hott last night on ET!! He just makes me smile everytime I see him. And as for him saying he's "single and looking" I'm sure he won't have to look very hard anymore.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

I don't think there's ever been an American Idol winner or runner-up who was loved by everybody. Certainly not Ruben, Clay, Bo, Justin, Fantasia, Diana, Katharine or Taylor. There are plenty of people who don't "love" Kelly or Carrie either, although Carrie probably has fewer "haters" than any of the bunch. But so what? You couldn't say "everybody" loved/loves any entertainer.

(Sharrhys, I PM'd you. Can't post the links in the forum.)
    Last edited by Grisabella; 06-15-2006 at 02:59 PM.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by Libra40 View Post
    No, I meant it isn't charting on itunes anywhere on album sales. LIke Carrie went to #1 on the album itune chart last year. Both singles are charting fairly high on individual songs. They are showing his CD on the main page but I don't think anyone knew they could download the single. I've been on the other boards and people are DL the individual songs, not the single. Most everybody thinks those DL totals will be included in his Debut total. It's a bit disappointing.
    Taylor is at one big disadvantage here compared to Katharine. His TIttS song can be purchased at iTunes as a cut from his single or as a cut from the AI5 compilation album. Her single songs aren't on the compilation.
    Even if people buy both DIMYP and TIttS at the same time, if they click the wrong button and buy the AI5 album cut of TItts, it won't count as a purchase of Taylor's single.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharrhys View Post
    Thanks for the info, OSB! I wonder what the commercial is going to be about?

I got a response from Amazon, but they didn't say anything about the week pre-order numbers will be submitted. I'm hoping the source on that other site is right about all preorders being reflected in the first week. That would seem the reasonable thing to do. Here's a snippet from their response:
    Quote:
    Greetings from Amazon.com.

I'm glad you thought of contacting us with your question.

Please be assured that all sales (whether shipped early or not) will
    be included in the Nielsen SoundScan report.

In some cases, these items may enter the shipping process just prior
    to the release date. When possible, we do this to ensure that you get
    the item as soon as possible after the release date.
    So it's confirmed that the fact I'm out here in the middle of the Pacific is why they shipped it early.
    Here's some info I got today:
    Taylor’s DIMYP/TIttS is at #17 on the Billboard Single Sales chart this week (wk ending 6-24-06), based on street date violations.* AI singles often appear on that chart a week early.

I DK how many copies were shipped in violation of the street date, but I wonder if a) that makes the official release week "Week #2" on the Billboard charts or if b) those sales just don't count for the official debut week.

Either way it's not ideal. I would hate to see an artist miss being #1 on Billboard because Amazon or some retail stores shipped or sold the CD before the official release date.

Here's a link for an article on Yahoo entertainment news:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060615/en_celeb_eo/19275

It seems Taylor saw a blonde on a flight and is looking for her.

BTW, how do you experts copy and paste pictures here. I just tried it and it wouldn't take.

Thanks!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LrcLinda View Post
    Taylor looked GREAT!!! I can't wait to see the commercial. This guy is like the most popular American Idol EVER and Ford is very smart to put him in the spotlight. Everyone LOVES Taylor!!!
    Ever heard of Kelly Clarkson?

FORT Newbie
    Here's some info I got today:
    Taylor’s DIMYP/TIttS is at #17 on the Billboard Single Sales chart this week (wk ending 6-24-06), based on street date violations.* AI singles often appear on that chart a week early.

I DK how many copies were shipped in violation of the street date, but I wonder if a) that makes the official release week "Week #2" on the Billboard charts or if b) those sales just don't count for the official debut week.

Either way it's not ideal. I would hate to see an artist miss being #1 on Billboard because Amazon or some retail stores shipped or sold the CD before the official release date.
    I don't think this counts as his first week. They won't roll over into his first week sales but they do get added in evenutally to total sales. I know both Carrie and Bo charted a week early last year due to street date violations(don't know how high). But thier first week was thier official release date. It does suck and stores that do it are supposed to be fined but I think this has happened to all the idols.

I think I recall reading somewhere that Fantasia officially had the highest "first week" sales of any AI alum because Clay's and others' sales the week of their singles release were not being counted as "first week" sales due to street-violation sales the week before. Not sure of the specifics, but yeah, it sucks. Someone who by rights should have held some record for first-week sales can be cheated out of it because retailers jump the gun.
    Last edited by Grisabella; 06-15-2006 at 07:29 PM.

Single released Tuesday.
    Ford commercial premiered yesterday, and last night he took the stage with Robert Randolph's band at the Black Crowes concert in Los Angeles.

Today he's on the cover of the new People Most Eligible Bachelors issue.

Word is that Taylor will be a surprise performer at City Stages in Birmingham tomorrow or Sunday.

He's having a heck of a week!!!!!

Where in the world is Taylor Hicks next?
    Sing & dance the night away!

Where?
    All over the newsstand, for one place.

There's a really hot pic of Taylor (and Kat) in the June 19 issue of OK! Mag., p. 7.

In Touch Mag., June 19, p. 14, has a great 1-page pictorial spread of "Taylor's New Moves" where he shows off some breakdancing-type moves on his under-lit Ford-commercial platform!
    On p. 27 of the same issue, there's a small pic and blurb about Head & Shoulders offering Tay a job in an ad campaign. (He hasn't accepted so far.)

There's a 2-page spread in The Star (June 19, pp. 58-59) about Taylor's "tragic" childhood family life (his birth mom was an alcoholic and custody changed a couple times while he was growing up) and his "Secret 'Brother'" (a half-brother or step brother who has a history of substance abuse and trouble with the law).

And, yes, he's been chosen as the No. 1 Hottest Bachelor (and cover boy) for People's new issue which will be on the stands tomorrow!

And it looks like his single is poised to take the #1 spot on not only the Billboard Singles Sales Chart (hands down) next week but probably the #1 spot on the Hot 100 as well. (The latter isn't guaranteed but it's likely.)

Apparently DIMYP is #17 on the singles sales chart this week because of online downloads -- which I guess were available before 6-13-06 -- and not necessarily because of retailers jumping the gun.

DIMPY/TIttS is getting great reviews at iTunes too!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM