+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Tower Records had 2 different booths at CMA Music Fest this past weekend, so evidently they are alive & well.

OK - so far Taylor is at #21 on the top 100 songs and #9 on the Pop Tunes charts at ITunes, #17 on Billboard's Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks, and has a 5-star rating on Amazon.com based on 130 reviews and a 4 out of 5-star rating on ITunes based on 508 reviews (some trolls on the board trying to drop his rating - gotta expect that). He is also going to be on a Ford commercial tomorrow and the Today Show is featuring People's 50 Most Eligible Bachelors issue tomorrow morning (June 14th) and they showed one of Taylor's pictures.

I know most of this information will change quickly, but thought I'd post this update in case anyone is interested.

DIMYP is #11 at Amazon for Popular Music. ("My Destiny" is #112.)

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Woooo!! Got my copies yesterday...great job Tay!! Can't wait to get that People mag, I've read he's on the cover!?
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Yes, I heard on ET last night that Taylor will be doing a Ford commercial, he'll be on tonight . Can't wait for the next issue of People magazine and one of the 50 most eligible bachelors

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    WOO HOO and YOWZA neeno
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Welcome Neeno. THANKS for the great picture! Where did you get this gem? Are there any others that you can share with us?

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me View Post
    Welcome Neeno. THANKS for the great picture! Where did you get this gem? Are there any others that you can share with us?

Thanks. The photo is for an upcoming issue of People magazine which names Taylor one of the hottest bachelors of 2006. I found one other photo for the article.

More information here:

http://people.aol.com/people/galleries/0,19884,1201344_1203645,00.htm l

and here:
    http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1201344_1203695,00.htm l

TAYLOR HICKS
    Height: 6'1"
    Next up: The American Idol winner kicks off the show's summer tour July 5.
    The first thing I notice about a woman is ... "her eyes."
    My favorite love song is ... " 'I'm in Love' by Wilson Pickett. Also 'Giving You the Best That I Got' by Anita Baker."
    I'd marry a woman if I could find one who ... "can be entertaining. So I don’t always have to be the one to entertain."

Bachelor No. 1: Taylor Hicks Lets Loose
    The 29-year-old American Idol is single – and looking. Who for? A woman who can 'let her hair down and can be who she is and is not pretentious about anything. As a 6'1" rocker, getting the girl has never been a problem for Taylor Hicks. Even before American Idol, "we'd go out and...
    Last edited by neeno; 06-14-2006 at 04:05 PM.

I just read a report that Taylor's " just-released single, “Do I Make You Proud,” is on target for sales of 150k" based on first-day sales.
    I couldn't tell if it meant 150K copies sold the first day or it the projection is 150K for the first week. I guess we'll know for sure next week.

Either way, it's good. 150,000 for first week sales is very good.

The #1 ranked album on the Billboard 200 Albums chart this week, A.F.I.'s "December Underground," sold 182,337.

The report said that the market, overall, was up more than 2.5% from last week, but 14% lower than the same week last year.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM