+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Taylor got to sing another song while Chris got cut off.This is just not right.Watch this backfires against Taylor in the end.
    How is it Taylor's fault? Did he ask to sing?

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    See, Miss Supermodel over there had a movie to promote, AI had a spastic Steve Martin to push and make sure he's now the official favorite in people's minds and since Chris was leaving anyway, they weren't about to waste good airtime on the loser.
    I think he's been the official (or maybe unofficial) favorite all along.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    This little thing seems to be happening to him though, now for the second time. "Oh, it wasn't his fault that he was chosen to pick sides!" and now it's "It wasn't his idea to sing." It may not have been but the "request" was staged and Taylor probably knew about it, the band knew about it and the show set aside 2 minutes of airtime for his performance ahead of time. Just like the picking sides thing, that was also planned ahead. Taylor might have added his own "flavor" to it but nothing is spontaneous on this show. It's all carefully choreographed.

Rebecca Romjin could have asked to see Kat sing... but she didn't. They could have asked Elliott to pick sides... but they didn't. It always seems to "happen to" Taylor.
    How much control do you think Taylor has over what happens or doesn't happen on that stage? I'm thinking none. Why on earth blame him because we didn't get to hear Chris' song? They could have taken out one commercial and we could have heard it. They could have not asked Simon who he thought would go. They could have done any number of things to speed things up. Taylor has no more control over what is going on with that show and their agenda than any of the other contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    Can we all say set up?? Also, Rebecca Romign is a C level star at best. There are no Oscars in her future. I guess the powers that be want to turn American Idol into a laugh fest. Taylor is a complete joke. He is beyond ridiculous. I'm beginning to think that America is making fun of him and that they are keeping him in to laugh at his fat body trying to move.
    I would truly like to know why you would think Taylor is a joke? Because he's upbeat most of the time? Because he likes to have fun on stage and sings from the heart? As for fat ... all I can say is huh? You must be looking at a totally different Taylor than I am.

I hate to burst your bubble but Taylor will not win in the end.Simon wo'nt let it happen.Elliott will mop the floor with Taylor if those 2 make the finals.Everyone knows this.Taylor is the weakest vocalist of the remaining 3.If he wins this season would be a complete disaster.
    Not everyone, my dear. As a vocal trainer I think he has a superb voice. You don't have to like his style, timbre, whatever, but calling him a weak vocalist is way off from my perspective. I've already posted in other threads my take on his fine-tuned instrument and though I don't expect to change your mind (after all, it is your opinion), things like intonation, resonance, and the like are indisputable because you are either on or off-pitch and you can't make a middle C sound any different.
    Last edited by Sharrhys; 05-11-2006 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    I think Taylor has been the target of that particular poster's wrath since day 1
    Exactly.

I hate to burst your bubble but Taylor will not win in the end.Simon wo'nt let it happen.Elliott will mop the floor with Taylor if those 2 make the finals.Everyone knows this.Taylor is the weakest vocalist of the remaining 3.
    We'll have to wait and see what happens. I'd be very happy if Taylor or Elliott won, love both men. They both seem to very nice, humble, down to earth guys and good friends, they both have a good sense of humor, seem to like each other.

Is this your opinion, mike? Because not "everyone knows this"...some of us
    think Taylor is fantastic.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

If Taylor didn't perform that extra song Chris would've been able to sing his entire song.I'm not of a fan of neither one of them.That was just not fair to Chris and the others.
    Blame it on the producers not Taylor. This decision was not his to decide. Whether you like Taylor or not, this is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by realityINXS View Post
    Kat didn't perform well, but neither did Taylor. He did not sound good on Tuesday night, either. He doesn't ever sing well.
    He peformed much better than she did which is why he wasn't in the bottom 2 and she was.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM