+ Reply to Thread
Page 161 of 163 FirstFirst ... 61111151152153154155156157158159160161162163 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1623
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

FORT Fan

Re: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I like Elliot but regardless, he doesn't seem to have much of an audience buying his records or anything else for that matter.
    Razor -- he was my favorite during his season in terms of his voice. AI is searching for someone who is marketable, though, and Elliot is a perfect example of someone who is hugely talented, but not cut out to sell records. Unfortunately, the producers know more than we do, and they were not ready to take a chance on him. I think he was lucky that they let him get as far as he did....but what a great voice!!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Today is Elliott's 33rd birthday. He's got some new concert dates up on his official website.

ELLIOTT YAMIN || OFFICIAL SITE

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Going to see Elliott next Tuesday (Sept 20th) when he comes to The Jewish Mother again (sort of . . . )

Last time he was in town, the JewMo was near the oceanfront in a small dark building with limited parking. Now, the have a bright shiny space with lots of parking.

I am counting the sleeps!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Going to see Elliott next Tuesday (Sept 20th) when he comes to The Jewish Mother again (sort of . . . )

Last time he was in town, the JewMo was near the oceanfront in a small dark building with limited parking. Now, the have a bright shiny space with lots of parking.

I am counting the sleeps!
    So excited for you, Little Sew&Sew. He was performing in NYC this past Tuesday night and already there are performance videos up on you tube. He sounds and looks great! Be on the lookout for some new merchandise that they will be selling at the show. Wish I could be there! Have a great time!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Exciting news for Elliott fans. Today, his third (non-holiday) cd is released. It's titled "Let's Get to What's Real" and his single from this cd "3 Words" has already been released. In Elliott's own words:

"This album is something that I needed to do, for me," Elliott Yamin says of the aptly-titled Let's Get to What's Real, his third album and his first Purpose Music Group/eOne release. "It feels right, and it feels like who I am as an artist. I wanted to make something raw and soulful and organic, so I went wherever the music moved me."

"I wanted to get back to making real music with real musicians and real instruments," Yamin says of the new disc. "There were some hints of that on my first album, but my second album was pretty much machine-driven. I like that kind of music too, but this time I wanted to create music about real issues and make a record which reflects this."
    There's a nice little bio on the right hand side of the page.
    Amazon.com: Elliott Yamin: Songs, Albums, Pictures, Bios

I ordered my copy today from Amazon. I could have downloaded it from I-tunes but I prefer to have a hard copy in my hands. Friday can't get here soon enough.
    ** insert fan girl squee **

Is anyone else enjoying Elliott's new cd as much as I am?
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

So I found this sort of randomly since I was actually looking for a different performance but in light of last night on AI and all the praise heaped on Joshua (who didn't do poorly) but I had to post this. The audio is terrible since it's live but Elliot takes this song to skool and back. Man, this is how you do it.

Elliott Yamin - A Change is Gonna Come
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Elliott is awesome to see live. He really deserves more credit than he gets from the music world. Hoping the support from his fans is enough to keep his self-esteem up there where it should be.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Is anyone else enjoying Elliott's new cd as much as I am?
    Evidently not to many. He sold just 2,000 the first week of release.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    So I found this sort of randomly since I was actually looking for a different performance but in light of last night on AI and all the praise heaped on Joshua (who didn't do poorly) but I had to post this. The audio is terrible since it's live but Elliot takes this song to skool and back. Man, this is how you do it.

Elliott Yamin - A Change is Gonna Come
    Hey Mia, thanks for posting this performance. I've watched it more times than I care to admit. THIS is the type of music Elliott should be singing... he needs to get himself played on the urban stations... heck, if Robin Thicke and Justin Timberlake are accepted by the African-American community, why not Elliott?

+ Reply to Thread