+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

FORT Fogey
    I really liked the song he sang last week and it moved him up in my eyes. I still think he is one of the top four but if he keeps singing like *that*...

FORT Newbie
    Great vocals, seems like an incredibly nice guy. One of the very few contestants consistently giving good performances so far.

We want to see and hear from this guy in the top 12. Don't forget to vote especially next week.

to the FORT, ygen!

I'm on the Elliot bandwagon too. As much as I like Chris and Taylor, their vocals seem to be best suited for one genre. Nothing wrong with that, but I think Elliot has the most versatile, pure singing voice of the men. Can't wait to hear him next week...
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by dahoney7 View Post
    I'm a HUGE Stevie Wonder fan and while I admit I don't know EVERY song of his, I had never heard of him singing that. I thought it was weird when they mention Stevie though Elliott and Ryan specifically said James Moody. Oh well.
    I looked up "Moody's Mood for Love" on allmusic.com and couldn't find a Stevie Wonder recording. Maybe Paula was talking about the week before and it was just a weird Paula verbal hiccup or something.

For the second week in a row Elliot gave my favorite performance of the week! It looks like this will be the guy I'll be rooting for this year... I had never heard "Moody's Mood of Love" before but he made me really love the song and again for the second week in a row I've found myself singing his song in my head days after he performed it... That's how I know I liked his performance best.

I thought he looked a bit better this week with the beard shaved off... But the thing that attracts me to him is his incredible talent... he seems to have such a good understanding of the music he's singing... Lookswise he looks pretty much like the average Joe on the street but his voice really just makes me melt...

Oh, and I loved his Mom too

Quote Originally Posted by tdoug View Post
    I looked up "Moody's Mood for Love" on allmusic.com and couldn't find a Stevie Wonder recording. Maybe Paula was talking about the week before and it was just a weird Paula verbal hiccup or something.
    It was probably the drugs and/or alcohol talking for her
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-06-2006 at 01:37 AM. Reason: multiple post merge

I can't wait to hear what he will sing this week. I'm sure he'll take Simon's advice and find a song to blow us away.
    "Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work."--Booker T. Washington, 1901

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur View Post
    For the second week in a row Elliot gave my favorite performance of the week! It looks like this will be the guy I'll be rooting for this year... I had never heard "Moody's Mood of Love" before but he made me really love the song...He seems to have such a good understanding of the music he's singing.
    I agree, Elliott appears to have a great understanding of the heart, soul and meaning of songs. One reason is something I've mentioned before: He can improvise the rhythm, tone and volume to bring out the colors of a song. It's really a form of jazz singing, and last week he was brilliant at it. I don't care if Simon is correct that Elliott can't win the AI title with a song like Moody. After Elliott makes the Top 10, someone is going to wanna record him, and I'll be ready to buy his CD.

Elliott was a hidden idol for me the first few weeks. The first performance I got to hear was Moody's Mood for Love. What a crappy song, but what a great voice! I could listen to him all day long. He reminds me of Michael Buble in the sense that I can just close my eyes and relax to that voice. Can't wait to buy his CD. If he does make at least the top four, that will be a crime.

Remember folks, don't post any information about tonight's show until after midnight Eastern.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    Remember folks, don't post any information about tonight's show until after midnight Eastern.

My bad.

+ Reply to Thread