+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

I would like to have seen Elliott teamed with someone else other than MJB. She is just too over powering for him. It was like it was HER concert and Elliott was an "also ran". He should have been showcased more.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    I would like to have seen Elliott teamed with someone else other than MJB. She is just too over powering for him. It was like it was HER concert and Elliott was an "also ran". He should have been showcased more.
    Me, too, but I'm beginning to have some faith that his day will come! ...

And they did do the song pretty much the way MJB and Bono did it, so I guess if it's good enough for Bono, it had better be good enough for Elliott. He really does look just thrilled, too, so I think he was happy, even if a lot of fans would have liked to seem more of him. I think he sounds wonderful on the parts where he did sing. And I love the opening where Mary was singing the descant-y backup backstage to Elliott's tuneful singing out front.

He's told the Richmond paper that Stevie Wonder was first going to duet with him, then canceled for some reason, then Lenny Kravitz, and finally Mary J. So I guess there also was a time-preparation issue in their duet.

Latest results from E! Online Poll. Looks great for Elliott.
    http://www.eonline.com/On/Enews/Poll/results.html

Which American Idol runner-up's CD would you buy?

67.3% Elliott Yamin

28.1% Chris Daughtry

4.1% Katharine McPhee

0.5% Paris Bennett

ok ... I am 46 ... my mom 78 (a young 78 and still gorgeous) ... and she and I are going together to see the Idols Live show ... halfway across the country in another city, my sister and nephew will be going to the Idols Live show. What other concert can you think of that could bring out 3 generations of a family? What other season of AI could have done this?

We are ALL diehard Elliott fans and can not wait to see him live. And we're also looking forward to seeing Mandisa and Paris and Lisa live too. But E-dub is our man - all 3 generations of us.

That's really sweet, Juls.

Poor, poor pitiful me does not have the time/money/transportation to get to any of the shows. Everyone feel sorry for me right now.

That's enough, thanks!

Anyway, heads up, all of the top 12 are supposed to be on Entertainment Tonight (tonight), so watch for whenever it comes on in your local market. Elliott may or may not be there though; earlier today his name was listed on the website and now it's not ... but I'm taping it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    tdoug, I checked out Ellen's listing and it says outed American Idol contestant for Friday. I'm not sure if they mean Elliott or Kat
    Ooh, an "outed" American Idol contestant? So who's that, Anwar?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoug View Post
    Ooh, an "outed" American Idol contestant? So who's that, Anwar?

LOL...I'm hoping it is Elliott
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre View Post
    Me, too, but I'm beginning to have some faith that his day will come! ...

And they did do the song pretty much the way MJB and Bono did it, so I guess if it's good enough for Bono, it had better be good enough for Elliott. He really does look just thrilled, too, so I think he was happy, even if a lot of fans would have liked to seem more of him. I think he sounds wonderful on the parts where he did sing. And I love the opening where Mary was singing the descant-y backup backstage to Elliott's tuneful singing out front.

He's told the Richmond paper that Stevie Wonder was first going to duet with him, then canceled for some reason, then Lenny Kravitz, and finally Mary J. So I guess there also was a time-preparation issue in their duet.
    Yeah, that's what I'm guessing too. MJB agreed to do it at the last minute, so there probably wasn't a lot of time to divvy up the parts. Still, I thought it was pretty great. Their voices meshed well together, and I have to give Mary props for coming to the rescue.

Sorry, yet another tedious media tidbit.

I just watched a preview clip of the show, and Elliott's not on ET with the rest of the top 12 tonight. No explanation for his absence given in the little snippet I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by tdoug View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm guessing too. MJB agreed to do it at the last minute, so there probably wasn't a lot of time to divvy up the parts. Still, I thought it was pretty great. Their voices meshed well together, and I have to give Mary props for coming to the rescue.
    I agree. Mary J is so respected in the r&b/soul community. That will be a moment Elliott will cherish forever. Some new artists are still dying to work with Mary J, and El got it.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

+ Reply to Thread