+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBabe View Post
    He may be on Ellen today, they usually are the Monday after their elimination.

Nope, he's not going to be on the show. Usually when they are on the show, she announces it on Friday and it is in the guide. There is nothing about him being on her show for the next few days.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

He wasn't on Regis and Kelly this morning, either.

Quote Originally Posted by ReneeM View Post
    Oh those pics! *sigh* *thud*
    Renee, all this time and I never knew you were a thudder!

bb those pics are mighty fine. Thanks for posting them!

Quote Originally Posted by kattatude View Post
    He wasn't on Regis and Kelly this morning, either.

No and he isn't scheduled to be on either. It really stinks b/c everyone else got to do the talk show circut. Once the winner is crowned, they are going to forget all about having him on the show.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Yep, Elliott and whoever comes in second are probably both going to be overshadowed by the press about the winner. I really think the producers could've found time in the schedule to let Elliott appear on Ellen though. She films in Burbank; it's not like he'd have had to fly across the country. Not appearing on Regis I can understand, because he's all the way in New York, but Burbank? They could've hooked that up.

I also think that it stinks. Elliott made it ALMOST to the finish line. He should not be considered an "also ran". I would love for him to get more exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    Yep, Elliott and whoever comes in second are probably both going to be overshadowed by the press about the winner. I really think the producers could've found time in the schedule to let Elliott appear on Ellen though. She films in Burbank; it's not like he'd have had to fly across the country. Not appearing on Regis I can understand, because he's all the way in New York, but Burbank? They could've hooked that up.

Couldn't agree more MotherSister. She's right down the road from them and films a day early, right?

FORT Regular
    There's a campaign by Elliot fans to have everyone download MMFL on iTunes tomorrow. So download if you can.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    The runner-up usually gets to make the rounds *after* the winner though, at least. So it's the third-place finisher who is really disappeared. ... Unfortunately, that's cute little Elliott. ...

I'm hoping he'll make up for it by having a long-term career in music, though. I really can understand why they didn't want him as a winner or runner-up. His talent is so huge, but he's at kind of an unformed state right now, so he will represent a kind of development product for somebody in the industry who sees his long-term potential (I'm hoping, anyway), whereas they're looking for somebody who can be wheeled out and be a one-hit wonder, based mainly on the publicity blitz, while they then quickly roll on to next season, not caring what happens to their top pair after the media blitz wears off.

I don't really want that for Elliott, and I'm not sure that media appearances right now -- in which he couldn't sing, anyway, since they don't want any overshadowing of the top two -- would help him much with audiences a year from now, which will be the earliest he could possibly get any music of his own out. What's going to help him do well in music over the long term, as he should, is his hard work and the dedication of a good -- read 'not Clive or 19E-dominated' -- label. I really just want him to be awesome Wednesday night -- although they're liable to turn off his mike, I fear.

I echo your sentiments, natasha, especially about Elliott ending up with a label who understands the necessity of grooming a great talent for long-term success, and I hope E ends up with a group of people behind him who are willing to help him develop into the best artist he can be, hence my very fervent hope that Clive will pass on wanting to sign him.

And yes, I agree the media blitz wouldn't have done too much to boost the buzz for an album coming out next year (I hope!), but I'm pouty because I wanted to see him being all chatty and charming on my TV screen just a few more times. I'm having some trouble with withdrawal; I don't know if that's obvious.

+ Reply to Thread