+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 118 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by kyle
    ....choking kittens...
    What? Where?

Kellie is a good singer. A good country singer. She reminds me too much of Carrie. She's not nearly as good as Carrie however. I think it would be a big mistake of Idol to have yet another, blond, country singer win this competition.

I'm hoping for a guy this time. And someone different than the other winners. That would be very good not only for the show, but for sales and publicity. And Idol needs that. It keeps it fresh and keeps the fans and viewers coming back week after week, year after year.

Need I say more?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I think it would be a big mistake of Idol to have yet another, blond, country singer win this competition.
    It`s not going to happen.
    But it looks like she is going the distance.
    And with Country night next week...

I can already hear the meow , meow violins.

"...and then he left me"...meow , meow....
    "He took the truck and drove away"...meow , meow , meow...

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    What? Where?

Kellie is a good singer. A good country singer. She reminds me too much of Carrie. She's not nearly as good as Carrie however. I think it would be a big mistake of Idol to have yet another, blond, country singer win this competition.

I'm hoping for a guy this time. And someone different than the other winners. That would be very good not only for the show, but for sales and publicity. And Idol needs that. It keeps it fresh and keeps the fans and viewers coming back week after week, year after year.

Need I say more?
    Kellie doesn't remind me very much of Carrie, but I see your point about them being too much alike. Two country singers in a row is a bit too much. I have thought since last year that this years winner would have to be a man. We've had three women and one man as winners. It's a guy's time, again. Luckily, we have a few good prospects in line for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Kellie doesn't remind me very much of Carrie, but I see your point about them being too much alike. Two country singers in a row is a bit too much. I have thought since last year that this years winner would have to be a man. We've had three women and one man as winners. It's a guy's time, again. Luckily, we have a few good prospects in line for the job.
    The only similarities are they both chose to sing country. Kellie is more country than Carrie by a mile. I agree, though, we don't need two country girls in a row. And I do hope we get a guy this time as winner.

I think both Carrie AND Kellie are classified as 'country' as far as their genre of music. Difference is, Carrie does have a beautiful voice.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I think both Carrie AND Kellie are classified as 'country' as far as their genre of music. Difference is, Carrie does have a beautiful voice.
    To me the difference is pop crossover country (Carrie) and country roots country (Kellie), if that makes any sense. Like Faith Hill when she started (country), then she crossed over to pop country. I never heard a twang from Carrie, ever, no matter what she was singing.

I know what you mean, Misty8723. Carrie is not twangy whatsoever. I agree.

This girl is personality all the way. Her voice is only secondary to her charisma. Like Bucky, her voice is untrained, but sexy and appealing. I notice on this board, people either really like her, or can't stand her. When a person is able to garner that type of response, he/she is making a strong impression. She could win this, but I doubt she will. Haven't we had only one male winner so far - Ruben? I think the public is ready for a guy to win this time and there are some strong contenders. But, I think Kellie will go a bit further before she's eliminated - maybe even the final two.

I dont think she'll make the final 2. I think Chris, Taylor, Elliot (and possibly Katherine) are all have her beat in the vocal department.
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 03-30-2006 at 06:59 PM.

If Kellie makes the final 2, I'll have a fit

+ Reply to Thread