+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 118 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Top 12 afterparty.....

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Oh lord. She's been covered with Constantine Cooties. Can't we just do an "old Yeller" now and put her out of her misery?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by horsnhound View Post
    Ready for her to go home. Her whole persona is waaaay too cutsie and contrived, and frankly I don't like it when people try to manipulate me. That said she is only passable in the singing department.
    I agree. That cutsey act only goes so far with me. This is a singing talent competition..so lets allow those who can really sing (Taylor, Chris, Mandisa)
    do their thing. Kellie.....cut the act out.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Singing is okay, decent enough but she has the whole cutesy thing going on.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Premium Member
    Kellie, run... Constantine looks so skanky in that picture but Kellie looks so pretty.

I didn't want to like Kellie. To be honest, the very first time I saw her clip in the previews of her singing "Since You've Been Gone," I assumed that she was going to be one of the losers that they make fun of because she sounded completely off-key, and like she was doing nothing but shouting. Like one of the losers.

And I admit that her first performance in the top 24 struck me like that as well. Off-key, shouting, nothing else to really recommend her for the top 12. I figured that she would have been gone if not for the pimping, and I resented her for this.

I have since changed my tune (no pun intended). I have really enjoyed her last two performances. Her voice was stronger and more on pitch than I remembered. I still think that she sounds untrained, but she does have potential. She almost sounds kinda smoky, like Melissa McGhee.

Is she the best singer? No, but I enjoy her a lot more than boring Lisa who supposedly does have a good voice, and Katherine who also tends to bore me. In other words, I like her more than the allegedly "good" singers, and if others feel the same, she probably will go further than them.

That said, I don't see her winning. I see Taylor winning, although Kellie will get far before the judges start turning on her in an effort to make sure that she doesn't win. I see that happening, because she is too similar to Carrie and the producers will want somebody different to win this year.

They got the pop singer (Kelly Clarkson), the R&B male (Ruben), the hip-hop/R&B female (Fantasia), the country star (Carrie) - now they need a different genre winner, and Taylor will fit the bill nicely (blue-eyed soul).

JMHO.

FORT Newbie
    I actually think that Kellie's audition was pretty good, she's one of my favorite females. She doesn't have the 'best' voice but its not horrible to listen to, IMO.
    Last edited by suncat7; 03-13-2006 at 09:20 PM. Reason: edited due to color text

Quote Originally Posted by dagney852000 View Post
    That said, I don't see her winning. I see Taylor winning, although Kellie will get far before the judges start turning on her in an effort to make sure that she doesn't win. I see that happening, because she is too similar to Carrie and the producers will want somebody different to win this year.
    I just don't see any similarity between her and Carrie at all. Anymore than I see similarity between Bo and Bucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I actually think that Kellie's audition was pretty good, she's one of my favorite females. She doesn't have the 'best' voice but its not horrible to listen to, IMO.
    I'm not sure how to react to statements like this. Does that mean you WANT her to win, wouldn't MIND her winning, or simply that you like her and don't want to see her picked on but don't want her to win? Would you pay $12 for a CD of hers? 99 cents for a song download? Would you want to see her on the Country Music Awards performing if they bumped Faith Hill for it? Would you go to see her in a honky tonk somewhere, or pay top dollar for a concert hall?

I'm just wondering how to quantify reactions like this to the "I like her" kinds of comments. They're usually not that specific.

Okay, to be fair, this show is frequently about potential instead of actual peformance. Is there a feeling that Kellie is some kind of unpolished gem? That her "not horrible" voice can be trained or produced or edited and that her personality will allow her to be a star despite the voice? If that's the exact reason, at least its a line of logic I can follow, even if her personality grates me in particular. Ultimately though, it still comes down to: "would you eventually pay money to see/hear her?" more than "she's so nice" or "she's so pretty" or even "she's just like my friend!". Those things are only meaningful if they are going to lead to you buying things sold in her name.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Kellie, run...
    Right on.
    If i have to suffer through more pictures of this awfull dufus Constantine , i`m going to hurl.

+ Reply to Thread