+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 118 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Kellie will need her giddy/silliness when it comes to votes, because she sure isn't up to Carrie Underwood's vocal standards.

Gotta agree with you here. I always thought Carrie was the ultimate professional when she performed. Kellie is downright charming, bubbly and naive. She's smart enough to know her naivete will carry her far in the competition and it helps that the judges keep telling her she's so likable, blah, blah so of course she piles it on every week with her trying to dance and eating "Sal-mon". I will say this though, I do think she's got a better personality than Carrie who appeared very guarded and straightlaced for the most part and I can see why Simon said he liked her more.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    I'm from the south and I don't like Kellie. I do feel sorry for her because of the whole 'momma left her, daddy's in prison' thing. I think the naive ditzy blond from the rural south routine is at least partly real, but I'm about tired of it. I think it's people like Kellie (and Bucky for that matter) on these shows that make people in the north think that people in the south are all uneducated and live in trailers.
    I see where you are coming from but I don't get the "uneducated and live in traiers" vibe from her. I'm originally from the north, and now more south. I personally don't find her to be uneducated, but rather inexperienced, and that is what I find charming. She doesn't seem incapable of learning, and I've run across plenty of those people in my life. I posted in the 3/7 thread that I think it's partially due to growing up with her grandfather. That can really cause a gap in what people experience while growing up.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by britty05 View Post
    Gotta agree with you here. I always thought Carrie was the ultimate professional when she performed. Kellie is downright charming, bubbly and naive. She's smart enough to know her naivete will carry her far in the competition and it helps that the judges keep telling her she's so likable, blah, blah so of course she piles it on every week with her trying to dance and eating "Sal-mon". I will say this though, I do think she's got a better personality than Carrie who appeared very guarded and straightlaced for the most part and I can see why Simon said he liked her more.
    I think it was the low-keyness of Carrie that attracted me to her. Carrie seems mature enough to try get through career just the way she is. Kind, polite and professional.

Her qualities made me all all time fan of Carrie. Kellie (I admit) is more vivacious though, but I am not really connecting with her much.

FORT Fogey
    I'll make a prediction and say that when and if Kellie is eliminated that at least one judge will shed a tear, along with many viewers at home. She has left quite an indelible impression. Go Mink!

I don't ever see her being eliminated.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by britty05 View Post
    I totally agree with you, shes not that great of a singer, but shes taking a note from Jessica Simpson's book...if you act like a total idiot and youre pretty, people will be attracted to that. While i dont respect that philosophy and i almost detest it b/c of what it does to little girls that look up to these singers, it does work. And i didnt understand the naughty little minx thing...she seems very cute and beautiful, but i havent seen her sexy side yet and that is crucial to becoming a minx (trust me, i know)

FORT Fogey
    I think she's pretty but not nessacarily prettier than Katherine or any of the other girls. We have alot of pretty girls in the competition BUT she could be the most attractive meaning that she has something about her that people find endearing. Her performance was in my top two.

Quote Originally Posted by superfly View Post
    She's not the best singer and I hope that she doesn't win (unless she shows marked improvement over the course of the show). However, I hope she sticks around for a while because she is hilarious and injects flavor and excitement into the show. The minx and mink exchange was priceless.
    Singing lessons = $100/hour.
    College Education = $35,000
    Minx/Mink/SaLmon/Salmon = priceless

All along I thought AMerican Idol is a singing competition, just last night I realized AMerican Idol is a casting show for "I'm as dumb as Jessica Simpson show".

kellie is definitely a new jessica simpson.
    she has a good voice.
    and she is entertaining, no doubt. but the fact that she is blond and country make her too similar to carrie, so i don't think she will win

+ Reply to Thread