+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 118 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

I think she is full of it. I hope I am wrong but something about all this extra yapping she does, and I don't know a damn thing about the big city, irks the crap out of me.

Everytime I see her coming to the screen I cringe wondering just how slow she's gonna make us look here in NC.

She's been in pagents, done gymnastics and graduated high school and is still acting like a female Forrest Gump? Argue me if you want but I REFUSE to believe she is as "aww shucks" as she comes off.

P.s. I could give a bird's crap about her backstory, I come from the same situation, probably a bit worse and I'm not trying to hear all that "I just don't know what's out in the big ole world cause I didn't have normal upbringing" mess
    "He is like an Iraqi peach and I want to devour him...take the pit, plant it in the backyard, and HOPE to grow some more."- Marcellus on Kaysar

I wish they would all shut-up and just stand there and listen to what the judges have to say. I don't know when this started but I want the days where they just stood there and took the praise and/or critism without putting in their two cents worth and this goes for all the contestants not just Kellie.

P.S. Love ya ladyd!
    Last edited by hepcat; 03-08-2006 at 04:10 PM.
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    It's not that I think she is backwards, I feel she is putting on an act that too many people are eating up with a spoon. She is pretty insulting at times with the way she acts. She is making it seem as if there is no spohistication to be found in the South. The "gosh-darn" act doesn't feel genuine to me, but more an act put on to garner votes. That's what frustrates me as much as I really don't think she can sing!
    Fact: The south and midwest are more agricultural than the far west and the north.

Therefore, it is far from inconceivable that a girl from the country may not have been exposed to many aspects of large urban cities. So it's not that the south is "less sophisticated," it's simply that there are more people who have not been exposed to the urban lifestyle than people in the north.

Quote Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
    I wish they would all shut-up and just stand there and listen to what the judges have to say. I don't know when this started but I want the days where they just stood there and took the praise and/or critism without putting in their two cents worth and this goes for all the contestants not just Kellie.
    It's because Ryan is encouraging it. He's asking almost all of them how they feel about what the judges just said.

Quote Originally Posted by pintobean View Post

P.S. Love ya ladyd!
    Pinto! Long time no see! I agree the good old let the judges say what they want and sit yourself down days are gone. I think some contestants (Kellie for example) do more harm when they go on and on about things! It's too early in my opinion. Brenna does a lot of that too!
    "He is like an Iraqi peach and I want to devour him...take the pit, plant it in the backyard, and HOPE to grow some more."- Marcellus on Kaysar

Quote Originally Posted by macgrl08 View Post
    Pinto! Long time no see! I agree the good old let the judges say what they want and sit yourself down days are gone. I think some contestants (Kellie for example) do more harm when they go on and on about things! It's too early in my opinion. Brenna does a lot of that too!
    When they open their mouth most of the time they come off looking bad IMO. I know that Ryan encouraging alot of it after the judges have made their comments but here right lately they voice their opinions before the judges even finish saying what they want to say. Maybe the producers are telling them to do this, I don't know but I wish they wouldn't.

Amen about Brenna. I think that she does this more than any of the other contestants and this is where all the negativity about her comes from. I don't like her and will be glad when she is gone but I feel that her opening her mouth has not helped her one bit.

Kellie is the type of person who loves to talk whether you want to hear it or not. She is just a natural born talker. You know the type they love to talk about any and everything no matter how pointless you think it might be or they will just ask mindless questions to keep you talking and the conversation going. I'm not like that at all and please do not call my house just to shoot the breeze. My mother-in-law is like that and I usually tune her out as much as possible. Now if my mother-in-law was oozing with sweetness I might not mind it as much.
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

FORT Fogey
    [QUOTE=realornot;1805248 She's probably always this sugary sweet and innocent... but come on... Daddy's in prison, Mamma's not there. GET ANGRY. With her backstory, you'd think she'd be a little "harder."[

I think this is why I love Kellie the most, because with all that's wrong in her life, she ISN'T angry and hard. She's just a purely sweet girl. I know it's hard to believe, but they actually do exist.

You know we live in strange times, when people don't like others because they are too nice.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    The "gosh-darn" act doesn't feel genuine to me, but more an act put on to garner votes. That's what frustrates me as much as I really don't think she can sing!

Her "southern" accent is so fake and exxagerated! Please send her home America!

Quote Originally Posted by LalahLand View Post

Her "southern" accent is so fake and exxagerated! Please send her home America!
    That has to be the most far-fetched idea yet, that she's faking the accent.

Who doesn't know what a calamari is? Gimme a break!

Quote Originally Posted by jasminefan View Post
    Who doesn't know what a calamari is? Gimme a break!
    Lot's of people in the South probably don't know what Calamari is. Are you familiar with souse?

+ Reply to Thread