+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 123 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Chris Daughtry - Season 5

I was just on Fuel's website (fuelweb.com) and someone posted that today on "Good Day LA" it was officially announced that Chris IS the new frontman for Fuel.

No confirmation from any other source yet- any LA residents out there who can attest to this?
    Go Tigers!

I'm surprised the so many people are surprised that Chris left. If you check out the prediction thread, there were a BUNCH of people who said Chris would be the one to go. I can't imagine that his fans just assumed he was safe. At work, some ladies asked me who I thought would go this week and right away I said Chris... made sense to me, really. (And it's not that I don't like Chris -- that guy is HOT and can sing!) But Chris had been in the bottom before, Elliott has this real groundswell of support going on, Taylor's fan base is VERY large (it seems), and Kat is the only girl. He was certainly the most vulnerable this week, in my opinion.

With that being said, I SO badly wanted to give the guy a hug. He looked crushed last night. I'm sure his future will be very bright, though. Who woudln't want that guy in their band/on their record label?
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

I'm wondering if Fuel (or whichever band wants him) went behind the scenes and bought out his contract, with the stipulation that he be eliminated this week? I have to admit that thought occurred to me when I heard a band would be offering him a job. It would make sense, I think.

Not me. I was surprised/devastated that Chris was the one to get the boot.
    He still delivered consistency with his performances. I think KAt would make a fairly good night club-type singer, but not Idol material.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Not me. I was surprised/devastated that Chris was the one to get the boot.
    He still delivered consistency with his performances. I think KAt would make a fairly good night club-type singer, but not Idol material.

I agree with you here angelic. Kat was my favorite female from the start, but the week Kellie was safe and Chris was in the bottom 2 and they jumped around like school girls just p*ssed me off. I understand that you are happy you are safe, but one of the front runners is in the bottom when you know as well as the rest of us it should have been your friend. Have a little respect
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by realornot View Post
    I'm surprised the so many people are surprised that Chris left. If you check out the prediction thread, there were a BUNCH of people who said Chris would be the one to go. I can't imagine that his fans just assumed he was safe. At work, some ladies asked me who I thought would go this week and right away I said Chris... made sense to me, really. (And it's not that I don't like Chris -- that guy is HOT and can sing!) But Chris had been in the bottom before, Elliott has this real groundswell of support going on, Taylor's fan base is VERY large (it seems), and Kat is the only girl. He was certainly the most vulnerable this week, in my opinion.
    Haven't we always heard that rock (of whatever nature) doesn't have a very large audience, compared to more MOR poppy stuff?

This has always surprised me, since various rock genres have always been my favorite form of music. Nevertheless, I've read it and heard it so many times, that it's been hard for me to imagine that Chris had a really really big fan base, particularly since rock listeners have generally not liked AI (I, myself, don't like much of the music on the show, ever, but I like to watch young performers try to knock it out of the park, so I have been sucked in ...).

But wasn't the small rock fan base the reason that Bo and Constantine were encouraged to be their poppy selves rather than rocky week after week last year? ... Didn't Marty Casey of Rock Star INXS manage to sell only something like 20,000 copies of his band's album?

I really like Chris, but I'm having a hard time seeing why anyone is surprised that his base couldn't push him much farther, especially since, talent-wise, this seems like a pretty equivalent final foursome, Katherine was getting sympathy votes and only-girl-left sex-appeal votes and so on this week, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    I am shocked that Chris got voted off. I felt sure he would win - but I guess his fan base just wasn't as big as we all thought. He is charismatic and has a great voice - he'll make it, especially now that he has the exposure. I really thought Katherine would go, but I guess her fans are hoping her performances will improve (I think nerves are getting to her). I am going to have to pick a new favorite now that Chris has gone. That is going to be hard because I like the rest equally well.
    On the FOX News show in the morning, they were trying to make sense of why Chris got the least amount of votes.

The only theory that they could come up with was that Taylor/Elliot cancel each other out with similar styles, the rocker in Chris is the least popular type of music style and that Kat was the sole woman in the mix. Translation: If you don't like hard rock, feel Taylor/Elliot are safe and you feel that the final 3 needed a woman=Kat.

Of course, this theory of there's doesn't take account of the fact of people who genuinely enjoy her voice and style.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre View Post
    Haven't we always heard that rock (of whatever nature) doesn't have a very large audience, compared to more MOR poppy stuff?

This has always surprised me, since various rock genres have always been my favorite form of music. Nevertheless, I've read it and heard it so many times, that it's been hard for me to imagine that Chris had a really really big fan base, particularly since rock listeners have generally not liked AI (I, myself, don't like much of the music on the show, ever, but I like to watch young performers try to knock it out of the park, so I have been sucked in ...).

But wasn't the small rock fan base the reason that Bo and Constantine were encouraged to be their poppy selves rather than rocky week after week last year? ... Didn't Marty Casey of Rock Star INXS manage to sell only something like 20,000 copies of his band's album?

I really like Chris, but I'm having a hard time seeing why anyone is surprised that his base couldn't push him much farther, especially since, talent-wise, this seems like a pretty equivalent final foursome, Katherine was getting sympathy votes and only-girl-left sex-appeal votes and so on this week, etc.
    I see what you are saying, but Chris was my favorite and I'm not a big rock fan. He won me over at his first audition and I've rooted for him ever since. He has turned me on to some styles and songs that I would have never EVER listened to .
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I see what you are saying, but Chris was my favorite and I'm not a big rock fan. He won me over at his first audition and I've rooted for him ever since. He has turned me on to some styles and songs that I would have never EVER listened to .
    Good for Chris! ... I can see why he would have this effect. ...

One thing that puzzles me. Since it was only last year that Simon repeatedly told Bo and Constantine to knock off the rock and sing stuff that audiences really liked, what changed at AI that suddenly they were promoting Chris and actually *encouraging* him to be true to himself? I was glad about that, because I like what Chris does, but I found it kind of strange, in light of what appears to be the continuing fact that rock doesn't have the sales potential of pop, generally.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Well, somebody's been voting for him to keep him around all these weeks...did everybody just decide they liked mediocre Broadway voices instead of rock?
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

+ Reply to Thread