+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucky Covington - Season 5

The hair guy on the show messed too much with Bucky's hair for his performance this week. It was like something Carrie Underwood would have on her head... with curls on the bottom and all... give us the old Bucky! lol
    2003-2008.

So Bucky has to do Stevie Wonder, now if that isn't a stretch I don't know what is. So, having said that, the wierdest comment of the show goes to >>> who else but Paula. She actually told him that she wanted to see him step out of his comfort zone a little more!!! So maybe he should try a little opera or something. Paula, Paula, Paula. And the funniest comment goes to Bucky. After Randy told him he was looking forward to hearing Bucky do a little Stevie, Bucky replied " Well that makes one of us".

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I am sick of "comfort zones", I believe they should just sing. I don't want to hear Bucky or Chris doing Barry Manilow next week... and that is coming up! yuck!
    Amen! Halleleujia!

I don't want to hear any of them doing music that doesn't suit their style or voice. And why pick themes that favor one or a few contestants and are guaranteed to trip up others?

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    So Bucky has to do Stevie Wonder, now if that isn't a stretch I don't know what is. So, having said that, the wierdest comment of the show goes to >>> who else but Paula. She actually told him that she wanted to see him step out of his comfort zone a little more!!! So maybe he should try a little opera or something. Paula, Paula, Paula. And the funniest comment goes to Bucky. After Randy told him he was looking forward to hearing Bucky do a little Stevie, Bucky replied " Well that makes one of us".

Paula is insane! If we could only vote her off!
    But, that comment is one of the things I like about Bucky. He is real and doesn't take himself too seriously. He is truly happy to be there and is enjoying the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post

Paula is insane! If we could only vote her off!
    But, that comment is one of the things I like about Bucky. He is real and doesn't take himself too seriously. He is truly happy to be there and is enjoying the experience.
    I also like Bucky & his genuine personality. He is so unaffected & what you see is what you get. Love him, leave him, vote for him or not, he ain't changin to please anyone but Bucky. The one change that I bet he rues is that hairdo, & I suspect it is changed back next week. In the words of the Guiness guys "Brilliant". Rock on Bucky!

I like him too. He isn't my favorite singer, but the personality rates right at the top.

I'm not sure what the idea was with the hair. It was just a little too pretty for me.

FORT Newbie
    Maybe they think Bucky can be groomed as the next Clairol CornSilk Blonde for Men.. that and DKNY jeans because those long legs are perfect for a jeans ad.

I am actually starting to look forward to see what Bucky can do with the next theme week. I have been so pleasantly surprised with him so far, having not seen him until the top 32. I was nervous for him with Stevie Wonder week, but he did a great job with it! I also am one that appreciates his humbleness and sincerity. He looks like he'll enjoy the ride as long as it lasts!

Quote Originally Posted by Dzim View Post
    I also am one that appreciates his humbleness and sincerity.
    Count me as another one! He is so unpretentious. And, much more charming in his "discomfort" with the big city and all the attention than his fellow Southerner (Kellie). I concede he's not the best singer or performer or best-looking (Chris would actually fit all of those roles quite nicely for me), I like Bucky's gravelly voice and appreciate his unassuming nature.

I know the American Idol top spot is not Bucky's, but I hope to continue seeing him on my AI TV nights for many weeks to come.

I absolutely love Bucky! He has an awesome personality! There have been many interviews with him & the other NC contestants with a local news anchor who is keeping us here in the area up to date on what they do during the week. With Bucky what you see is what you get... He's VERY down to earth & very personable. Goooooo Bucky!!! NC is proud of you! You rock!!!! I hope he makes the tour!!!

+ Reply to Thread