+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimberley Locke

Sleeping with George W
    Maybe hissy fit is the wrong word. Maybe what's more fitting is "mouthing off." Losing control and mouthing off. She shouldn't have allowed herself to get baited. I was ok with her answering Randy's question and saying "zero." But then she just got carried away with her 'tude.

You're so right, John. The smart thing to do would have been to say "I'm glad you like my voice, Simon, and I hope America agrees." Have some class and focus people on the fact that he gave her such high marks. Her mouthing off just focused people on his criticisms.

Recording label execs watch this show to discover new talent. I wouldn't want to bring someone onto my label who was going to be so easily riled up and defensive. And saying "YOU SUCK" is not light-hearted! It would make me think she'd be a spoiled pain in the ass to deal with ... no matter how good the voice (cause there's a LOT of people with good voices out there). Also, I'm tired of hearing her mention her "law school" experience. Who cares???

Egged on or not I agree with those who said it probably cost her votes.

I also agree that she should have picked a new song. Show us something.

I didn't like her much anyway.

As for Simon ending it with a smile, my feeling was that he could have taken two roads 1) get pissed back or 2) laugh it off. He chose 2 and while he went up in my book she went down. I didn't find her attitude funny or lighthearted at all
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Suck is a word I hate but it's a word that is used very freely nowadays.
    I don't see that it's even considered a particularly harsh word anymore.

I guess it just didn't bother me.
    I don't think the execs care less if the person is raking in the dollars.
    Christina Aguilera is notoriously difficult to work with, has been since before she hit it big apparently.

I didn't see anything for people to get riled about at all.
    I guess we all have our own way of seeing things.
    If she doesn't make it through I very strongly doubt it will be because she got a bit sassy with Simon.
    I think it will be because people preferred the performance of someone else.
    I think I'll watch it again later to see if I missed something as it just didn't bother me at all.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I agree with fluff--the "hizzy fit" didn't bother me at all. I thought it was kind of funny. Especially because Simon seemed to like it. What bothered me was hearing "Over the Rainbow" AGAIN.
    Aren't there any other songs out there?

"Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I just thought it was stupid.

If you show that you are willing to accept criticism to help improve yourself (even if you don't actually take the advice) it will help you.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fan
    I think that most people (including Kim) took Simon's comment the wrong way. We know that she has personality in general, but during that song (which they should outlaw because it is one of the worst songs ever imo) she was just okay. All of her runs were predictable and very stiff. When she sang, her personality wasn't there. I think what Simon was trying to say was that her singing was technically outstanding, but she needs to put herself into it and pick a song that shows that off because Over the Rainbow just didn't do it.

I want to hear her sing a different song. That is half of the fun...just hearing their voices indifferent styles.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by MattyBravo
    I think that most people (including Kim) took Simon's comment the wrong way. We know that she has personality in general, but during that song (which they should outlaw because it is one of the worst songs ever imo) she was just okay. All of her runs were predictable and very stiff. When she sang, her personality wasn't there. I think what Simon was trying to say was that her singing was technically outstanding, but she needs to put herself into it and pick a song that shows that off because Over the Rainbow just didn't do it.
    Amen, Matty!

Simon was telling her that a good voice alone is not gonna win this. And if she's a smart cookie, she'll take his advice and improve her performance instead of lamely saying "people who criticize others just don't feel good about themselves." Puh-leeze. He's trying to HELP you honey!!!

I loved her hair last night.

I think it really suits her like that.
    "That's Numberwang!"

her hair and makeup were awesome. i wish whoever did kim l's makeup would do carmen's next week.

+ Reply to Thread