+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Format of AI for remaining weeks

Format of AI for remaining weeks

Can someone in the know please explain how the show format will work for the remaining weeks?

Wasn't it always everyone up against one another or has something changed this season.

Is there a set sequence of theme weeks and weeks singing the songs from one aritist? ( I personally don't like the one artist thing because it really is unfair to those whose voices and styles are contrary to that style)

Anyway any insight into what is coming would be appreciated,

Thanks

Yes, it will now become everyone against everyone. There will be themes each week. Tuesday night will be performance night, and Wednesday night will be results night. One person will be eliminated each week.

Lobeck, I thought this website had an Archives section. I have been unsuccessful in locating it! It seems that last year there was a list of artists who would not permit the singing of their songs. Is that list still available?

Some have mentioned that AI does not pay enough to some of the artists or writers. There may even be some who think it is beneath them to have their songs sung here. However, in some cases, it could provide publicity.

Does anyone remember the fiasco of Clay singing "Vincent" in the final weeks of Season 2? I know many looked up the original artist. It just seems they would be happy to do this.

Since Paul McCarthy allowed "My Love" to be sung, do you think Ringo and George Harrison's wife would allow use of their songs? Who gives approval for THE BEATLES music? Please don't say Michael Jackson!

Kariann,

If you go to the main Forum page.... scroll allllllllllllllllll the way down to the bottom entitled "The Graveyard."

Under "Recent Shows," the very last listing is American/Canadian Idol. If you go in there you should hopefully find the thread that you're looking for.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Kariann,

If you go to the main Forum page.... scroll allllllllllllllllll the way down to the bottom entitled "The Graveyard."

Under "Recent Shows," the very last listing is American/Canadian Idol. If you go in there you should hopefully find the thread that you're looking for.
    Oh my goodness! There are 2,550 threads there! I sort of skimmed over the list but couldn't find the thread I was looking for.

Thank you, Broadway. It is quite interesting. I didn't know that American Idol hired a fourth judge but she couldn't handle the rejecting of someone's dreams and she quit!

So now that we are down to the final 12 have there been any leaks or speculation as to what next weeks theme will be?

If there are, please put them in the "All-Encompassing Spoiler" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    Oh my goodness! There are 2,550 threads there! I sort of skimmed over the list but couldn't find the thread I was looking for.

Thank you, Broadway. It is quite interesting. I didn't know that American Idol hired a fourth judge but she couldn't handle the rejecting of someone's dreams and she quit!
    Oh, I had forgotten about that. Wasn't that Wendy Williams, the dj?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Oh, I had forgotten about that. Wasn't that Wendy Williams, the dj?
    It was Angie Martinez. She couldn't handle dishing out criticism.

back to the topic, so it is every man/woman for himself? i thought they wanted a guy/girl finale showdown?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast