+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Themes

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterGabi
    On Pop Idol they did "Birth Year" I loved that!
    That would be awesome!!! I think they should do that on AI4 this season... seems I've heard they did this before on Pop Idol just like GlitterGabi said...
    I too would love that!!!
    I'm sure this season will be so full of FUN surprises-we have ni what is in store but...I Can't Wait!!!
    I do love the "Birth Year!" thats a "Keeper!!"

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    They need to do Beatles so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Kevbug11
    They need to do Beatles so bad.
    I totally agree but it would be even better if Sir Paul was in da house to judge as they perform... but according to sources this isn't to be...

Maybe they will do a "Beatles Theme" anyway! I would love it if they did!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan
    I like this idea of the "Duos" whether male/female or male/male, female/female, but overall my favorite themes would be 60's or 70's.... I love the songs of those eras... I really love theme nights and I can't wait to see what's in store.
    I think they have this planned already. They would start off with a group introduction and then like walk center stage and do a small portion of the song, and then the next duo would appear. TBTB would assign the couples. I would love to see Anthony and Mikalah!

According to Rolling Stone Magazine, "The 500 Greatest Songs of all Time" came from the 60's and 70's. I love those eras also!

I'm sure we're all in for a great American Idol 4 with the Finals coming up... I'm truly excited, but really wish it wasn't a "battle of the sexes"....
    This has backfired because I believe there are 7 guys and 5 gals who should be in the Finals!

Libra1022, I love seeing a guy in a tux! Isn't Bo's Grandma making him one?

GlitterGabby, I love the Birth Year theme! Excellent idea because of the age range of 17-29 years!

I still cannot believe Lynyrd Skynyrd isn't in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame after 5 nominations!

Rock is Rock AJane, whether it be Country Rock, Southern Rock, Classic Rock or Rock of today!!!
    Foreigner is 70's rock (which I would call Classic Rock) & Bo can do that too!
    To make a LONG story short Bo can do "ANY KIND" of rock...
    Rock Is Rock, but in different catagories as to which ROCK you prefer
    :rolleyes
    Just a friendly discussion, dear. Personally, I think Bo can do better than rehashing tired '70's arena rock, but judging from his past song choices, I doubt he'll be going in that direction anyway.

I maintain that theme weeks that feature specific artists, rather than broad categories like "Motown" or "country" would be more challenging to the contestants. Instead of country week, let's have Garth Brooks week, or hell, even Dolly Parton week (she's got pretty impressive songwriting credentials).
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I think if they did Beatles night there would be a whole lot of oversinging.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I maintain that theme weeks that feature specific artists, rather than broad categories like "Motown" or "country" would be more challenging to the contestants. Instead of country week, let's have Garth Brooks week, or hell, even Dolly Parton week (she's got pretty impressive songwriting credentials).
    The themes that have always been my least favorite is when they have focused on a specific artist. For me, personally, I find it much too limiting and highly boring if it is someone that I don't personally enjoy.

How about a Gregorian Chant night. Ahhhhmmmm!

Thanks Kariann1... I wasn't sure if it was gonna fly, but thought I would take a stab at it anyhow lol.....

I came up with a really "COOL" idea as far as a "Theme" goes... Everyone let me know what you think...

With the Top 12 being 6 girls & 6 guys (automatic), I think it would be VERY interesting to have a "Duet/Duo Theme" the very 1st week.
    Each contestant would still be voted on independently, but this would make things very exciting as to who would end up with who lol.

For example... The numbers 1 thru 6 would be in a box...all of the guys draw a number, then all of the girls... the guy & girl who drew # 1 would sing together, the # 2's together etc...
    I think this would be VERY interesting!!!

I think Bo could sing "Picture" by Kid Rock & Sheryl Crow with Carrie for example. (That is if they both draw the same number) *sigh*

So which Duo would you like to see & singing what with who lol?? Is this idea good or not? I know some singers may freak if they got with someone less talented than themselves, but you never know what "teamwork" would do.
    Input please... Thanks!!

If this were to happen I would really love to hear Bo & Carrie get together for
    (i've had) The Time Of My Life by Bill Medley & Jennifer Warrens.

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soybean
    I think if they did Beatles night there would be a whole lot of oversinging.
    I do agree. But that is what makes the Beatles so great-- they have such a unique style. If they were to oversing, it'd be obvious. There is a lot of Beatles that would be really hard to sing, including I think Fool on the Hill and Eleanor Rigby, and then some stuff that's not so hard. I don't think anyone would pick Yellow Submarine or Love me Do.

Can't buy me love would be perfect for someone to do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast