+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Voting

Voting

I was just wondering how many people actually vote?
    How many times do you vote and do you vote for multiple people?
    Do you usually stick with your favorites or do you vote based on that night's performances only?

Just curious

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Yeah.. I will admit i did vote this season.. i have not in the past. I voted for Scott (Home town boy!) Anwar (Love him, his voice, and his personality) Anthony and yes.. Bo

I did only vote one time.. I am old and i don't have the patience to sit there and wait out a busy signal

I have never voted before -- yet I've watched every season. I'm thinking of starting though. I need to support my boys: Constantine and Bo. If they get booted, I'm not certainb the show will be worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by soybean
    I was just wondering how many people actually vote?
    How many times do you vote and do you vote for multiple people?
    Do you usually stick with your favorites or do you vote based on that night's performances only?

Just curious
    I will break it down for you

Season 1: tuned in for Big Band Night - became a Justin fan and voted for him for two hours until the end

Season 2: Had a friend on the show who I voted for until he was eliminated. I voted every night for him for 2 hours apart from the night he was eliminated, as I was in night class. Rickey Smith, for the curious.

Season 3:voted kind of sporadically for George and Jen.

Season 4: voted for Joseph a lot, Nikko a bit, Janay a bit and Carrie some.

I would love to say I vote just on peformance alone, but that would be a big lie coming from me I usually prefer male voices and have one favourite throughtout. This season is an exception for me though.

Season 1 - Saw only about the last half hour of the finale - to see Kelly win. Too late to vote.

Season 2 - Saw most of the early episodes (Keith, Edgar, Clay, Ruben, etc.) Missed the Group 2 voting show. Probably didn't start voting till Motown night or thereabouts. Voted my ass off* after that nearly every week - occasionally on 2 or 3 phone lines, when I had access. (You'll never guess whom I was voting for.)
    Trouble was, as the weeks progressed, it got harder and harder to get through. The final night of voting, I tried for two solid hours with 2 phone lines and could get only 50 votes in, due to busy signals.

Season 3 - I probably got a couple hundred votes in, total, over the weeks George was on - all for him.

Season 4 - I threw 40 or 50 votes Mikalah's way the first week. Didn't vote for any women this week.
    Voted pretty continuously - though not frantically - for Bo both weeks (while watching Scrubs or videotapes).
    If he goes, I won't vote any more. May not even watch.

*or whatever part of my anatomy can push the phone buttons fastest.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

My max amount of votes is 10 for any one person. I'll vote for my favorites at this stage where there are so many people. For instance, I voted for Carrie, Jessica, Amanda, Aloha, Nadia, Nikko, Bo and Anwar. Once it gets down to 6 or so, I'll only vote for my favorite.

I vote for more people in the beginning because they all seem to be good. I want my favorites to make it. I've learned not to "trust" the voters. Personally I think AI should have re-vamped the voting system. After all the stuff with Latoya (I think) and Jennifer, I think there should be a cap on how much you can vote. Maybe three max for one person, but you can call each different number.
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

I have never voted until this season, have always watched but never taken the time to actually call in until now. I would be lying if I said that I voted soley on that nights performance...although that is a big factor, I also definitely take into consideration who I have liked from the beginning and how well the person has done through the entire competition so far. I don't want someone that I like and that has done a great job to have an off night/performance and get voted off, especially if they have consistently been better than others the rest of the time.

Season 1: Didn't vote
    Season 2: Voted only in finale (only once)
    Season 3: Voted in final 6 (3-4 times per night)
    Season 4: voted this week, about 10 x, all for Bo.

Season 1 - didn't watch
    Season 2 - didn't vote until the final 2 episodes, where I voted as much as I could for the entire time (not much!) for home town boy, Clay
    Season 3 - voted once for Diana after disco night (?) and twice for Fantasia after the final episode
    Season 4 - no votes yet

I did vote occasionally in each season. However, they have retardedly stuck to the same old flawed system with that 2 hour window at the end of the show.
    They should completely do away with phone voting, allow only text message voting but let it be from all carriers, with a limit of say 5 per contestant from a single number. The reason they don't do it is because it would be very expensive to set up something like that and also it would actually make sense, not something they apparently care about.
    I think the phone voting system is vulnerable to fraud, as has been proven already. How else to explain bad singers making it and people like LaToya leaving relatively early?
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast