+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 123 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

If it weren't for the producers and judges always grouping Bo and Con together and referring to them as the "rockers", I would never put them in the same category. Other than the fact that they both have long hair, to me, they are so different...in style, delivery, charisma, talent etc.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2Kevbug11
    I would explain Hilary Swank in the exact manner Candybar did. She got a ton of training and a wide variety of experience.

I forgot how "trailer park dweller" immediately meant unintelligent, inarticulate, and not studious. She could have dropped out to support her family like so many must. Oh Puh-leeze.
    What I am saying is that formal education is not what took her to the top of her game. She succeeded against odds. Trailer park dwelling does not mean ignorant, but it is not usually the easiest of lives.....and it's not about WHY she dropped out.......it is that she did, and she is kicking ass. Many more people with the formal education on their resumes aren't doing nearly as well, so don't assume that the school makes you great. It's what's within you, plus your natural talent.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jocelyns
    Yeah, but who buys CD's?
    You are quite correct!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Constantine = mr annoying.

I can't believe people are saying this guy has charisma.

He apparently has fooled a number of people with his eyelash batting, camera mugging "I really think I'm sexy" crap that he pulls EVERY time he gets within 20 feet of the cameras. POSER.

Makes me cringe and want to throw things at my TV>

I think he is a total phony, and if he makes it anywhere as a result of AI his 15 minutes of fame will burn like a candle in an oxygen tent.

Don't even get me started about his singing, it blows...

I thought his performance last night was his best and 3rd best when compared to to Nadia and Bo. He surprised me by doing well and I'm happy!

I can't believe people are saying this guy has charisma.
    He does. A lot of it. It's the primary reason why he got through the semifinals. He survived this week on actual merit, but if Constantine wasn't charismatic and interesting he'd have been gone the second week, because he's only sung really well once. (I personally liked Kiss On a Rose, but I seem to be in the minority.)

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by abrahammy
    He does. A lot of it. It's the primary reason why he got through the semifinals. He survived this week on actual merit, but if Constantine wasn't charismatic and interesting he'd have been gone the second week, because he's only sung really well once. (I personally liked Kiss On a Rose, but I seem to be in the minority.)
    Count me in as a fan of Kissed by a Rose, also. And he does have lots and lots of charisma. He also as a lot of females infatuated with him. Count me in as one of those, too.

If you look at alot of singers and bands that are making it big, you see that not every single one of them is vocally perfect...so many are where they are today based on good enough voices, but mostly their performances and their charisma and the fact that they connect with a certain segment of the population. Same is going to happen on a show like this...there are going to be people that make it through because they truely have amazing voices...there are going to be people that make it through based on style and performance. Not everyone is going to agree on who falls in either category, and we shouldn't, would make for a boring message board if we all agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    He is intellegent, articulate and has studied. Learning by performing is good but when you pair it with education and diverse experience you get a better artist.
    All this may be true, but we don't have proof of anything except the fact that he studied at Boston Conservatory. Given that fact, I would expect him to be a lot better at singing. I haven't heard him speak enough to make a call on articulate.

Learning by performing is really good, especially when you have natural talent that isn't forced, trained and rehearsed. If it weren't for giving the camera guy his "Blue Steele" look each time it came within an inch of him, Constantine would be out.

Kid Rock is "straight out the trailer" (his words, not mine), and I think he's done pretty well for himself. There are so many artists, even Fantasia, who came from a modest background and whose talent and charisma have put them at the top. I don't think that an expensive home or education had much to do with it.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolls
    If it weren't for giving the camera guy his "Blue Steele" look each time it came within an inch of him, Constantine would be out.
    I think there's more to his appeal than that look. He's got that certain "something" that cannot be explained. It just affects certain people. I've been reading on the Bo thread that a lot of females find him hot. I don't get that at all from him. But that doesn't mean it isn't there.

Constantine's sex appeal is blatant to me.

+ Reply to Thread