+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 430 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140190 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    Too much twanging and yodeling for me in her style; the moment they announced that she'd won, I changed the station......but I still congratulate her.
    If there was ever any yodeling, I missed it. Has anyone even yodeled in the last thirty-forty years?

Carrie! Great voice - wrong genre!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Has anyone even yodeled in the last thirty-forty years?
    I think one of the contestants in the opening auditions this year tried. She didn't make it to Hollywood.

Didn't Carmen yodel?

It was surreal when Carrie's name was announced. I was waiting for Ryan to put a crown on her head!

Carrie is a lovely looking woman, can sing well, and I am sure she will do just fine with her CD! She has had the preparation for her career, now it is up to song choice and delivery!

Quote Originally Posted by castingdirector
    I think one of the contestants in the opening auditions this year tried. She didn't make it to Hollywood.
    I'm sure sorry I missed that. I must admit that I seldom watch until we get rid of the ones who make me cringe. Something about people deliberately making themselves look like fools really gets to me.

Just thought I would add this for those who wonder about the Carrie fans. I asked my 13-year-old very good-looking and well-rounded nephew tonight if he had watched American Idol, and if he was a Bo or Carrie fan. "You mean my girlfriend?" he asked. I had to laugh - she will definitely appeal well to that age group, and perhaps be a good role model for today's kids (as opposed to a Madonna or a Britanny Spears in their day.)

Then came the shocker for me - when I asked how many times he had voted, he said, "None - we don't vote in our house. But she know I had her back."

In the "supposed" warm south where it's been cold for weeks.
    Saw Carrie on Jay Leno tonight. She was cute! He got her to yodel and asked her questions about the audition process and winning AI. She sounded hoarse just like Kelly. He asked her to come back and sing sometime. She still was the sweet humble Carrie.

Congratulations Carrie Underwood, love ya girl, you were my american idol 2005 since i saw you at your first audition

I'm so glad that she won, i was rooting hard for this girl!!!!

I still don't like the girl (Carrie), though I wish her the best of luck! I seriously doubt she will sell more records than any other Idol, I think Kelly will be the only one who will have a long career in the business, possibly and hopefully Fantasia will too.

Quote Originally Posted by coleslaw50
    Saw Carrie on Jay Leno tonight. She was cute! He got her to yodel and asked her questions about the audition process and winning AI. She sounded hoarse just like Kelly. He asked her to come back and sing sometime. She still was the sweet humble Carrie.

Yeah, I saw her, too! She was soooo adorable. I think I liked her wayyy more than I ever did on American Idol after watching her in that interview. But I wish she would have sang.

+ Reply to Thread