+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 430 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117167 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 4293
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

  1. #661
    FORT Fogey cabernetCally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    1,361
    If you think Carrie should not be an Idol because she prefers to sing country music, how is Bo any different in his rocker style????

    Your argument does not hold water!

    This whole contest is going to come down to style of music. We have a rocker, a country girl, a R&B singer and a crooner .

    Contry music is a HUGE market and just because you do not like it does not make it unpopular. Question is will Rocker music top it??? I do NOT think so!

    Idol Ruben captured the R & B market..it is time for a different jonre.

  2. #662
    FORT Fogey lambikins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by WakkaDakka
    I don't hear it either...I'm not much of a country fan except for Shania Twain & Faith Hill. I'd put Carrie in that group as far as voice quality though.
    That's a good comparison, WakkaDakka. I don't care for 24/7 Country, but I watched Nashville Star this year, because even on that show, the selections were vast. I enjoy both Shania and Faith and have many of their CD's, so if Carrie carries on in their tradition, she'll be fine to listen to, in the long run.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

    "lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

    "lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

  3. #663
    FORT Regular Cherry_Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally
    If you think Carrie should not be an Idol because she prefers to sing country music, how is Bo any different in his rocker style????

    Your argument does not hold water!

    This whole contest is going to come down to style of music. We have a rocker, a country girl, a R&B singer and a crooner .

    Contry music is a HUGE market and just because you do not like it does not make it unpopular. Question is will Rocker music top it??? I do NOT think so!

    Idol Ruben captured the R & B market..it is time for a different jonre.
    My argument was not Carrie won't win becuase she's a country singer I personally don't think she should win becuase of her boring performances. I stated that in my other post also

  4. #664
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry_Blossom
    My argument was not Carrie won't win becuase she's a country singer I personally don't think she should win becuase of her boring performances. I stated that in my other post also
    If this is a singing competition, she should win because she is technically the best singer. I'm definitely not an expert on singing, but when I listened without watching to the final 4 contestants, she definitely has the best voice at whatever genre she sang. Even MacArthur Park sounded good to me just listening and not watching.

  5. #665
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry_Blossom
    My argument was not Carrie won't win becuase she's a country singer I personally don't think she should win becuase of her boring performances. I stated that in my other post also
    Boring performances is such inexact term. I have had no issues with any of Carries performances. This is a singing contest, not dance, not theatre, not the movies. It is a singing contest & Carrie has the best voice of anyone remaining. I still don't see the whole Carrie is a Country only singer thing. But, everybody is entitled to their opinion.

  6. #666
    Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Boring performances is such inexact term. I have had no issues with any of Carries performances. This is a singing contest, not dance, not theatre, not the movies. It is a singing contest & Carrie has the best voice of anyone remaining. I still don't see the whole Carrie is a Country only singer thing. But, everybody is entitled to their opinion.
    For those who think this is solely a singing competition, support for Carrie is understandable. For those who think it is more than just a singing competition, non-support for Carrie is equally understandable.

    Basically, when it comes to Carrie, it simply depends on what a person thinks this competition is about.

    I personally think it is about a collection of qualities -- not just singing. So I don't root or vote for Carrie. But I nevertheless respect the opinions of those who disagree.

  7. #667
    FORT Regular Cherry_Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhol
    For those who think this is solely a singing competition, support for Carrie is understandable. For those who think it is more than just a singing competition, non-support for Carrie is equally understandable.

    Basically, when it comes to Carrie, it simply depends on what a person thinks this competition is about.

    I personally think it is about a collection of qualities -- not just singing. So I don't root or vote for Carrie. But I nevertheless respect the opinions of those who disagree.
    I totally agree with Warhol. I am one of those people who do not think it is just about singing. When artists perform at concerts they are not just standing there shaking the microphone or just looking at the camera. If Carrie wants to become a real musical artist and performer I think she needs to add more personality to her singing. Simple as that. Sure American Idol has something to do with singing (duh! ) but even going by that I don't think Carrie is the best in that catergory. I'm just not a Carrie fan all-around she needs to do something special for me tomorrow night for me to truly like her.

  8. #668
    Ruben is "Soulful" pillbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,115
    Well, if Carrie doesn't win AI, she can always kick the microphone stand again--this time in front of Nigel Lythgoe and Simon Fuller.

  9. #669
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Well, if Carrie doesn't win AI, she can always kick the microphone stand again--this time in front of Nigel Lythgoe and Simon Fuller.
    That's cold.

  10. #670
    FORT Fogey Blues Songstres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry_Blossom
    I totally agree with Warhol. I am one of those people who do not think it is just about singing. When artists perform at concerts they are not just standing there shaking the microphone or just looking at the camera. If Carrie wants to become a real musical artist and performer I think she needs to add more personality to her singing. Simple as that. Sure American Idol has something to do with singing (duh! ) but even going by that I don't think Carrie is the best in that catergory. I'm just not a Carrie fan all-around she needs to do something special for me tomorrow night for me to truly like her.
    There are an awful lot of musical artists who have little or no stage presence, and many who DO just stand and sing.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.